A Fantastic Mooney Service Center

quik flite

I just wanted to let you all know how a great Mooney Service Center does business. I have done business with Webers @ KLNS for years, and a friend of mine who is working on his 1981 or 1982  201 calls and tells me his plane is on jacks and the manual gear extension is hard to use. After talking for a little while, I tell him I think my flap motor was serviced , but I could not remember ever needing to service the gear motor (mine was a later model). He knows I have had Webers doing my maintenance, and  does admit that they are very good. He asks if I would call and ask if they might know the problem. I called Dorn who was very helpful and he let me know a little about the gear motor and the rigging and said if there was a problem ,it should not take long to fix and he would be happy to help in any way he could. Before he said goodbye, he let me know of one other thing that may cause the problem, something about only pulling one circuit breaker ,for the gear motor.  Well when I called my friend back ,I could tell my friend had done the two circuit breaker pull.  The reason I posted this is because, there is a big difference in the maintenance at a fantastic Mooney Service Center and I actually feel bad for calling Webers, when my "friend"  may have had no intention of ever using the great service a MSC can provide, for fear they may find something wrong.  I can tell you from a few years of ownership, a good Mooney Service Center provides you with a safer, smoother, faster and better resale, airplane and it only cost more if they find something the other shops did not notice.  Webers is a Fantastic Mooney Service Center.

They are the experts.

• Like 1

+1 for Weber, Dorn and Larry!  Another great MSC up here is Air-Mods. Dave Mathiesen is an expert.

The level of knowledge and experience of these MSC's is up there with the caliber of Ronnie and Dugosh.

It doesn't get any better than this! We're very fortunate to have such experts look after our Mooneys up here in the NE.

• Like 1

+2 Re Weber I flew in yesterday without an appt. not flying for 4 months and Dorn had them do an Oil change and quick inspection ..ˆwas gone in 90 minutes, I'v been using Weber's since 1988. Henry was great and Dorn, Les and gang keeps striving to go the extra yard...

Access to Dorn, whenever I need it has been the reason I have been with them 14 years. He represents most of my Mooney education. They have an IA there name Larry Snyder. 25 years with Weber, post military. He is a wiz with Mooneys and Aerostars. The guy knows everything. If I own another type aircraft, I will continue to have them maintain my a/c. In addition to Mooneys and Aerostars, Weber is now a Cessna Service Center.

Flywalt...Daytona Jet Center has a great pool of talent and they stay busy. I have never heard anyone knock them.

Are there any experiences to share about Daytona Aircraft? They are the closest MSC to me.

Back when I bought my J, Daytona did my pre-buy, first annual, and some more work along the way.   I have always been very happy with their work and only wish that they were closer to me.