Yuma Formation Clinic today

RocketAviator

Today I flew my first of what I hope to be many formation flights, culminating with the Mooney Caravan to Oshkosh...

If you want a fantastic group of people to learn formation flying or just improving your flying skills I would highly recommend it!

What a challenge and what a thrill at the same time a great joy!!!

Here is a shot of my first formation flight! Who hoo what a great experience.

post-11320-0-64895300-1396132738_thumb.j

Congratulation Lacee. Formation flying does challenge aircraft handling skills. This kind of training will make you a better pilot. I have noticed you are registered to the caravan. It will be very fun to meet again when we all go to Madison. Did Billie decide to go with you?

Yves

Looks like fun! Maybe soon I'll have more money and go off do fun stuff like that. I can't believe somebody came all the way down from Canada to do this. Isn't there one of these clinics closer to the Canadian border?

I registered today.  Good fun.  Good people.  Good procedures.  I am sooooo looking forward to this year's Caravan.

Yves:  Is Andrew ready to do more clinics this year for us?  (After I get back on the continent of course).

Looks like fun! Maybe soon I'll have more money and go off do fun stuff like that. I can't believe somebody came all the way down from Canada to do this. Isn't there one of these clinics closer to the Canadian border?

DaV8or,

NorCal is right around the corner and in your area! Bonanzas are hosting. Come on out: https://www.b2osh.org/MbrPgm/Events/EventsOne.asp?R8r06=IDI There is a very active group of Mooney Caravan pilots in NorCal who'd be happy to get you in the air. PM me if you'd like direct contact info. Let's go fly!

BTW, Chris Shopperly, Canadian 252 owner and Caravan Pres, was down in Phoenix on business so he spent the weekend in Yuma helping train new formation pilots! 20 Mooneys spent the weekend flying on the border. pics at www.mooneycaravan.shutterfly.com

• Like 1

I did the Yuma Formation Flying clinic last weekend as well.  It was terrific.  Great bunch of people and the flying was challenging but fun.

I've already signed up for the Mooney Caravan arrival to Oshkosh in July.

Bucko

M20-E

DaV8or,

NorCal is right around the corner and in your area! Bonanzas are hosting. Come on out: https://www.b2osh.org/MbrPgm/Events/EventsOne.asp?R8r06=IDI There is a very active group of Mooney Caravan pilots in NorCal who'd be happy to get you in the air. PM me if you'd like direct contact info. Let's go fly!

Hmmm... does this count as a BFR? I need to do one of those this year. ;)

Hmmm... does this count as a BFR? I need to do one of those this year. ;)

Go knock the rust off with that BFR and then come on out and fly formation. Since you're in NorCal talk to Don Kaye if you want to get your money's worth out of the flight review. www.donkaye.com In addition to being a Master CFI and "Maestro of the Mooney" he's also a Caravan pilot.