Mooney Rocket by Richard Zephro

Goonies

Hi Mr Goonie,

l've read that page before and it was very interesting.

The jpg you've posted l can't read because it's too small.

Can you repost it with a bigger file?

Rgds

Banjo

It took a while but finally figured out the only way to upload the larger file and not have it automatically squahed by this site was via PDF.

Banjo: I thought Zephros Rocket page was lost for good but I found it today using a 'waybackmachine'

Here's the wayback URL http://web.archive.org/web/20090115200622/http://www.mooneyland.com/mooney_rocket.htm

Thanks Mr Goonie, it's a great article; you read it and think "hey l could afford one of those" 2000ft climb a minute, pull back

To 55% 13 gallons an hour. I could afford that.

The Rocket owners l spoke too told me "it doesn't work like that"

Thanks Mr Goonie, it's a great article; you read it and think "hey l could afford one of those" 2000ft climb a minute, pull back

To 55% 13 gallons an hour. I could afford that.

The Rocket owners l spoke too told me "it doesn't work like that"

That seems as if it is the "old POH" in that the fuel flow is a bit low as compared to the POH that came with my airplane.  My POH recommends 15gph for the same 55%.  Yes, it does climb at 2000fpm initial climb in the winter - and it keeps pulling strong all the way up.  I posted two weeks ago that I did sea level to FL17 in 12+ min.

I test flew one about a month ago wanted it but we just didn't have a good outlet for selling or trading my J. Fuel burn was a big deal I for me and I was surprised that at 15,000 if we got it LOP 2200rpms and 30ish inches of mp 1620tit it only used 12.8gph and trued at 183-185kts!!! I was amazed how efficient it was.

Thanks for posting this. The late Mr Zephro was a blast to get to know and his passing was a real loss for the Mooney community. His e-books on Mooneys really helped me define which plane would best fit my mission. I'm glad that a new team has kept his website open. Ray