Noise Certificate

ncdmtb

Hi,

In a couple of threads I have seen the topic of Noise Certificate being addressed, but not really resolved.

How are folks in Europe dealing with this? I sometimes get asked, but since I can't produce a certificate/document, they charge me for the "noisiest category".

I have a 1964 M20E

Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.

-Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My plane has a Swiss noise certificate from when it was imported to Europe new and put on the HB register....I assume it is still valid now it is on the N register...and I assume I can use it in say Germany...but I'm yet to test it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting Anthony - would you mind posting a copy of it?  It is somewhere on the board here, but IIRC I managed to find several different sets of figures, most of which would be a noise certificate on their own. Not having any noise reduction fittings though tends to mean I pay the same price for German airfields as not producing one at all, as all the figures are loud!

Private passed....instrument tomorrow....I have had a 61.75 certificate since 1996...I should have converted to standalone before all this TSA stuff came in! And although it is possible to add Instrument to a 61.75, it seemed better sense to have it all standalone....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Do they have any regulations in Europe against noisy lawn mowers. I hate it when they come to cut the grass when I am taking my siesta. If it is not my grass is the neighbors one. At least airplanes fly away but a lawn mower is there making noise for at least half hour. If someone is complaining about airplane noise what about noisy lawn mowers.

Overlook the fact that grass in Europe does not grow as fast as in Florida. Here in Florida there is an obsession for lawn care that is annoying. On some counties they will fine you for a little bit of weeds on your grass. So instead of weeds I get the haitian guy thet rev up his machine in front of my window.

If they are really concern about airplane noise they should be looking at lawn mower noise first 

José  . 

These are blanks that I've done for a Bravo - which one is 'correct' depends on the interpretation of the various rules out there (zip file as the board won't take a .pptx file)

The 'original' discussion started at http://mooneyspace.com/topic/5967-noise-certificates/ and I tried again in  http://mooneyspace.com/topic/11166-fcc-radio-station-license

Noise Certs M20M Blank.zip

Do they have any regulations in Europe against noisy lawn mowers. I hate it when they come to cut the grass when I am taking my siesta. If it is not my grass is the neighbors one. At least airplanes fly away but a lawn mower is there making noise for at least half hour. If someone is complaining about airplane noise what about noisy lawn mowers.

Overlook the fact that grass in Europe does not grow as fast as in Florida. Here in Florida there is an obsession for lawn care that is annoying. On some counties they will fine you for a little bit of weeds on your grass. So instead of weeds I get the haitian guy thet rev up his machine in front of my window.

If they are really concern about airplane noise they should be looking at lawn mower noise first 

José  . 

Yep, no lawn mowers or other noisy activities before 6am or after 10pm, and absolutely no way on a Sunday or public holidays - you can't even wash the car on those days!

Yep, no lawn mowers or other noisy activities before 6am or after 10pm, and absolutely no way on a Sunday or public holidays - you can't even wash the car on those days!

When I was in Hamburg about 7 years ago the souvernirs stores were not allowed to sell on Sundays, try that in Florida. Also no one allowed to work on planes inside a hangar on Sundays. I had to keep the hangar doors closed. Do they still have those laws?

José 

When I was in Hamburg about 7 years ago the souvernirs stores were not allowed to sell on Sundays, try that in Florida. Also no one allowed to work on planes inside a hangar on Sundays. I had to keep the hangar doors closed. Do they still have those laws?

José 

I'm not sure what happens in Germany these days for noise - here in Switzerland Sundays are still very much reserved as a day off (I have to get my boss to approve any work on a Sunday, and there are loads or regulations about for how long, and how many times per month/year I can work a Sunday)

France must vary a bit by region, as my friends over in Alsace also have a mower ban on Sundays - at my home base we are requested to avoid Sunday 12:00-14:30 as much as possible (so no circuit bashing)