Malaysian Flight Hijacked?

I believe the Malaysian plane is by now somewhere in South America blending in with traffic in the area, no need to hide it.

This smell to me like a terrorist plot in progress. Hope I am wrong because I would hate them getting away a second time. Like on 911 there is no way of recognizing this plane from others in radar or even on the ground. Is probably repainted and Mode S transponder reprogrammed to one on a boneyard including name plate. Even if it is in view of a CIA agent how he would identify it.

José 

Why couldn't a terrorist organization just buy a plane?

Or better still why couldn't a terrorist organization just implant a person of unknown origin to blend into the American universities and help get him into politics, elected to a spot in the senate and then on to POTUS. They could really do some damage, especially if he was elected to a third term or declared some type of emergency and then martial law. Build up militias within the US, weaken the branches of the armed forces, buy up as many weapons and military equipment and ammo as possible for use on homeland, build civilian detainment camps...........nah they'd just steal a jet lol

Or better still why couldn't a terrorist organization just implant a person of unknown origin to blend into the American universities and help get him into politics, elected to a spot in the senate and then on to POTUS.

Haven't they done this already?

I believe the Malaysian plane is by now somewhere in South America blending in with traffic in the area, no need to hide it.

This smell to me like a terrorist plot in progress. Hope I am wrong because I would hate them getting away a second time. Like on 911 there is no way of recognizing this plane from others in radar or even on the ground. Is probably repainted and Mode S transponder reprogrammed to one on a boneyard including name plate. Even if it is in view of a CIA agent how he would identify it.

José 

I have never thought I would rather find the wreckage of an airliner crash than......Seeing it come back.

I can see a possibility of reprogramming multiple transponders with identical  codes and distributing them to many smaller aircraft. The code may be one assigned to a ligimate airliner. In a coordinated effort the stolen airliner shadows a flight then all of a sudden multiple transponders are turned on squawking the same code and unique identifier. This is how I would hide an elephant ,.......... in a herd of elephants.

I'm sure the best minds are on this as a thought within the realm of possibility.

I have never thought I would rather find the wreckage of an airliner crash than......Seeing it come back.

I can see a possibility of reprogramming multiple transponders with identical  codes and distributing them to many smaller aircraft. The code may be one assigned to a ligimate airliner. In a coordinated effort the stolen airliner shadows a flight then all of a sudden multiple transponders are turned on squawking the same code and unique identifier. This is how I would hide an elephant ,.......... in a herd of elephants.

I'm sure the best minds are on this as a thought within the realm of possibility.

You would not need to go that far just pick the identity (Mode S ID and paint logos) of a plane on a boneyard in South America, probably a B767. and fly it as cargo plane. You would able to file flight plans and get anywhere without raising suspitcions. Even if all the Mode S radars in the world where looking for valid duplicate Mode S replies they will never see it because the true one is at the boneyard corroding. An if they got the ID of a B767 why ATC care after all they are looking for a B777 ID. Is like looking for the bald guy in a subway crowd when he is wearing female clothing and a wig. He can move easily from point to point in front of survillance cameras without ever getting recognized. 

José 

I am looking back at the original post by José on March 9th. When I read it first I thought that he had vivid imagination and that the odds of this being what happened were kind of remote. As the story unfolds, I see more and more ressemblance with the hypothetical scenario José came up with. Ataboy José

I have been following this event out of curiosity and feel very sad for the families and people involved. Too bad we cannot join the search with our mooneys... I would.

Yves

• Like 1

It seems more likely that the plane was hijacked. But, I can't see any scenario where the intent was to profit from the aircraft theft. Hostages, yes, but the plane or aircraft itself, no. Terrorist organizations have too many other and far easier options to get money than to deal with a hot airplane or parts. I suspect the intent was as it always is, to cause maximum fear and doubt of security or as an attack on the Chinese. Flying a plane full of people into the ocean never to be seen again is likely exactly what they wanted to do.  I don't think we will see this 777 up for sale on ebay soon. I also can't imagine 277 people disappearing in this day. At least one of them would have a SAT phone or personal locator device and for sure all of them would have a cell phones. There are not too many places with a long enough runway, even in that part of the world where that many devices would go silent at once. The only exception is in the middle of the ocean.

I am looking back at the original post by José on March 9th. When I read it first I thought that he had vivid imagination and that the odds of this being what happened were kind of remote. As the story unfolds, I see more and more ressemblance with the hypothetical scenario José came up with. Ataboy José

I have been following this event out of curiosity and feel very sad for the families and people involved. Too bad we cannot join the search with our mooneys... I would.

Yves

Thanks for your comments. But it was not imagination but just simple common sense. Which appears to be lacking in this investigation.

José

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments. But it was not imagination but just simple common sense. Which appears to be lacking in this investigation.

José

I think the investigators know more than they are letting on about. Each day we hear about more Ping's and radar returns so let's see how it all unfolds. 

Has there been any word on the cargo this plane was carrying?  If it was something quite valuable, like a few million in cash, that might be a motive.  --My point is there could be other things besides terrorism....

Has there been any word on the cargo this plane was carrying?  If it was something quite valuable, like a few million in cash, that might be a motive.  --My point is there could be other things besides terrorism....

Thats like stealing a Porshe to get the $50 out of the glove box

I've been on a comercial flight before where we were pushed back 20 ft from the gate and stopped. An armored truck backed up to the plane and the entire contents of the truck was put in the plane. When we landed there was a truck waiting.

Jose, I can't believe someone hasn't kidnapped you yet. I'd imagine the CIA, journalists, and even terrorists themselves could use your insights.

Simple my dear friend, they are not Mooney fans.

I am concern about deceiving actions by the bad guys. How come  one oil slick show up at the last reported position after the crash but there were no other stains anywhere. You would think that the leaky ship and others would leave multiple stains on the water. Would not be surprised of more deceiving actions to divert the search. but don't want to hint them to the bad guys on this forum.

There are ways to recognize the disguised B777 on the ground but I do not want to hint them, there may be bad guy on this forum. They are too obvious to me and hope to the CIA too. 

You do not hijack a B777ER like in this scenario to commit a suicide act, there are easier ways. This hijack is simply for a terrorist act, likely greater than 911. A B777ER on the loose is to be taken very seriously. Unlike 911 were a few thousands were lost a million of Americans may be at risk this time.

I faxed and emailed to gov. agencies but no response back. I think they are already vaccinated. If you know someone in the government that can help tell him/she to look at the comments on this forum. You may save a million lifes including yours or your love ones.

José     

I think they could have already had one. There are 72 Boeings listed on Controller, including these two 777's and a few 747's.

http://www.controller.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=3&Manu=BOEING&Mdltxt=777-200ER&mdlx=exact&setype=1

I just can't buy into the purpose being the acquisition of an aircraft. $50mm sounds like a lot but not really. 

"There are ways to recognize the disguised B777 on the ground but I do not want to hint them, there may be bad guy on this forum. They are too obvious to me and hope to the CIA too. "

Along with the bad guys there appears to be more than one person in need of a booster for their vaccination.

Clarence

You guys who believe terrorists plotted to hijack and steal the 777 just give them way too much credit.

Unfortunately it crashed and the authorities are looking in the wrong place.

I think they turned around and headed back to the Kuala Lumpur airport. They should be looking closer to the airport as I'm sure they are.

Be patient and they'll find it. Plain and simple.

At this point, it seems most likely and clear a deliberate act, rather than an accident.

I know I expressed that I have worries that this part of a larger terrorist plot which I am sure the powers that be must be actively pursuing as well.

But what do you guys think of the possibility of an elaborate but otherwise simple pilot suicide scenario?

I faxed and emailed to gov. agencies but no response back. I think they are already vaccinated. If you know someone in the government that can help tell him/she to look at the comments on this forum. You may save a million lifes including yours or your love ones.

José     

Don't hold your breath.  Even if they are listening to suggestions and leads I hardly think they would phone you back and say thank you or give you some kind of feeling of being listened to.

In a related "But I told you…" story, I know a math professor who suspected Ted Kacynski of being the unibomber, or at least a dangerous threat years before he was officially identified.  This professor ran across him when he was hanging out at his institution, and he was enough convinced that  Kacynski was a danger that he called the FBI, and he was persistent to get through to someone.  Now this was an established full professor at a big name brand university.  Instead of listening to a lead or a hint, the apparently the FBI treated this professor as if he were the kook, and they brushed it off and furthermore treated him very rudely.