Thank you to Mooneyspace for setting up this group

Awqward

I asked mooney58 if could setup this as a separate group for those of us who fly our Mooneys in Europe. To ,e this site has been invaluable as a source of information and willing assistance. Obviously a Mooney flies and behaves the same way whether it is in its homeland or transplanted to foreign climes and so most of this site is very relevant for us European owners....however there are a few European specific issues that would probably be better separated out from the mainstream....hence my request for this group!

Anyway I will start by re-posting from my post in the "Introduce yourself" thread:

Hi all....my name is Anthony Quick... N60GZ, a 1987 M20J 205 is the first airplane I have owned although I have been a private pilot for over 20 years...I am an Australian but live and work in Aberdeen Scotland - which is the self proclaimed "oil capital of Europe"...I actually learned to fly in Singapore because that is where I was living when I finally decided to stop dreaming and just do it!...along the way I have acquired pilot's licenses in Singapore, Australia, Malaysia, Qatar, UAE, UK (JAA/EASA) as well as an FAA certificte (61.75) issued in 1996.... Over the years I have flown in FL, CA, AZ, NV & TX in the US as well as the UK, Norway & France .... I am now in training for my FAA Instument Rating here in Scotland (after going through the TSA approval process and flying to Sweden to get finger-printed!)....I plan to use a UK based DPE for the checkride at Le Touquet (France) sometime in March or April....oh and the written has to be done at Farnborough (England)....I have always loved Mooneys....ever since I saw them on the ramp at the Aero Club of Western Australia...until recently my relatively mobile lifestyle has always meant aircraft ownership was no practical....but once again I decided to stop dreaming and just do it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a great idea! Thanks very much... - could really be helpful for the European MooneySpace fans as many aspects of flying are actually quite different in Europe...

I am from Germany, my name is Bernd Almstedt and my Green Lady D-ECED is a heavily pimped 1966 M20F Executive and based in Regensburg, Bavaria. My M20F is my first self-owned airplane. I am a complete newbie (got my license in July 2011) but a life-long addict of aviation. Actually started a career as helicopter pilot in the Army in the early 80's but decided to leave the forces after finishing my basic flight training.
Due to family life, jobs, etc. there was no chance to start flying again for a long time but after I quit my last job I finally had the time to go flying again... - which I did and I wanted to fly more often than the fleet of our flight club allowed, thus I began to look for my own airplane and was lucky enough to end up with a Mooney... - never even dared to dream of a Mooney before and was rather looking for Piper Arrows or Socata TB-10 class aircraft but finally my Mooney rather found me than I found her...   :D

Great idea to have an EU specific forum!

I am Nick, from Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA and currently live south of Munich. My Mooney is a M20E based in Augsburg, Germany. I sometimes fly for work, but mostly pleasure. IFR rated and working on my commercial. I received my PPL in 1992, however, I had a real long break from flying and started again in 2010 flying gliders and getting back into airplanes. This is my first own aircraft and the best way to fly :-))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Ben, a Brit expat living in Zurich, but basing my Bravo over the border in Habsheim (LFGB), France.  I currently edit the PPL/IR magazine 'Instrument Pilot' and also volunteer time there for meetings, trade shows and so on. That maybe makes me a bit biased, but the reason I donate my time there is because I honestly believe in the strength and assistance that the organisation gives, and strongly advise any IFR pilot in Europe to join up.

Back to the Mooney - I've had this one for nearly 4 years after an embarrassing experience with one before, and prior to that ran a Piper Arrow 180 for over 10 years. This one is a FIKI TKS 1997/1998 model currently at about 1750 TT with an Aspen and GNS480/MX20 combo, which as the EU is forcing me to upgrade, am on the Avidyne IFD waiting list for somewhere around the end of the year. My flying flogs me between home base, the UK where I visit friends west of London, and my weekend retreat on the west coast of France, with occasional hops to other places; I've made is as far south as Marrakesh and north up to Orkney, but the vast majority of it now is contained in the France/GermanyUK area.  Often happy to have company for trips which tend to be for a weekend plus a day tacked on before or after

And another European here! British expat based in Lyon, France, with an M20E that I bought and restored in America and flew to Europe last August. I have spent most of the last 3 years working in the States, in Maine, where I keep a Super Decathlon for aerobatic fun. Before the Mooney I had a Jodel on skis for flying in the Alps, but the Mooney is rather more practical for going places.

Hello, a Mooney flyer from Holland checking in. I fly a M20K 252 it's co-owned by my family for over 14 years. Together with my father and a good friend I've been flying the 252 over Europe between Sardinia, The Canary Isles and Copenhagen and a lot in between.

I've visited this forum the past year a few times to get some help concerning a faulty voltage regulator and a defective cowlflap actuator. A very helpful and knowledgeable bunch of people!

Happy flying!

Hi, one more M20K 252, this time from Germany. I'm based in Mannheim (EDFM) and own the plane together with my wife (pilot too) for almost two years now. In this time we already took it all over Europe and even northern Africa.

Happy landings!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all,

another M20J 205 Mooniac from Germany. I own her for seven years and still enjoy every flight. I am based at Zweibruecken (EDRZ). If you are looking for a destination you want to fly with your wife / girl friend to, come to Zweibruecken, we have a designer outlet near the airport (http://zweibrucken.thestyleoutlets.de/en). The money she saves for the clothes you can spend on gas :-)

Hello all and thanks to Mooneyspace for setting up this forum.

I fly a 1967 Mooney M20F, mostly between Thruxton (EGHO) and western France (Britanny and Dordogne) to visit family and our house there. I have a British PPL/IR, am half Irish/ half German, grew up in France, and my Mooney is Danish registered... I've owned it for seven years now, prior to that I flew a Robin DR360, and before that a share in a Piper Comanche.

Hi Magnum, "two bridges" looks like a lovely spot...and a nice airport too! We may well make the trek there some time....we fly will be flying this summer from Aberdeen to the South of France to our place at Ste Maxime (Cannes airport) so we might have to make a detour... And Podair your heritage is very interesting!...a poly-European!...

• 3 weeks later...