Search for Avionics and Voltage Regulator - M20J

Hello fellows,

I'm looking for m20j Instrument Cluster, Oil and Fuel Transducer and Voltage Regulator. The P/N are bellow:

Instrument Cluster - P/N 640281-523
Transducer Amplifier Fuel - P/N 950D0311-001
Transducer Amplifier Oil Pressure - P/N 950D0311-003
Voltage Regulator (28V) - Electrodelta VR802 (or any alternate, Mooney informed me that actual alternate P/N is 940170-501)

Regards
Tércio

Welcome to Mooneyspace.

I might have that instrument cluster... I'll need to check the part number and let you know.  

For the V/R, I suggest you buy a new one from Zeftronics.  They should have it, and it will be cheaper than buying through Mooney.

I agree.  We bought one for our  plane and it has worked great.  Got it from Chief Aircraft in Grants Pass, OR (no sales tax either).

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/salesperson/result/?q=zeftronics

Bob

Welcome to Mooneyspace.

I might have that instrument cluster... I'll need to check the part number and let you know.  

For the V/R, I suggest you buy a new one from Zeftronics.  They should have it, and it will be cheaper than buying through Mooney.

KSMooniac, thanks! I will try to buy a Zeftronics new one. Please, let me know when you check your PN.

Cruiser, thanks for the help, will contact these guys!

I agree.  We bought one for our  plane and it has worked great.  Got it from Chief Aircraft in Grants Pass, OR (no sales tax either).

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/salesperson/result/?q=zeftronics

Bob

Bob, do you remember what model you've buyed? Is your M20J 28V? Thanks!

Bob, do you remember what model you've buyed? Is your M20J 28V? Thanks!

No, ours is a 14V M20J.  I tried looking at the Chief website, the Aircraft Spruce website, and the Zeftronics website.  None of them list a 28V regulator for Mooney.  You might have to call one of those places and see if they can help.  It would also probably help if you have the OEM part number.

Good luck,

Bob

No, ours is a 14V M20J.  I tried looking at the Chief website, the Aircraft Spruce website, and the Zeftronics website.  None of them list a 28V regulator for Mooney.  You might have to call one of those places and see if they can help.  It would also probably help if you have the OEM part number.

Good luck,

Bob

Bob, I've sended Chief a request, let see if they have one alternate for me. I also contacted Mooney, but they gave me a $2418,47 budget... They also told me the alternate P/N is 940170-501 of Internation Avionics but I couldn'f find any International Avionics website or so... And I think the original regulator PN is only VR802, but I'm just guessing...

Try calling Don Maxwell... Zeftronics is very close to him and if there is an easy solution he'll know what it is.

Also, my cluster gauge is from a 14V Mooney...not sure if it will be different than yours but I'll try to find it tonight and get the part number.

Tércio, I haven't dug out my salvage cluster gauge yet, but I just looked in the parts manual and I believe it should be a 640281-511, with effectivity note XVII, for S/N 24-0861 thru 24-1417.  (My plane is -1221.)  I don't know the difference with the -523 version but I expect it won't work since the earlier versions are 14V.  If you can figure out if it might work, then let me know.

Tércio, I haven't dug out my salvage cluster gauge yet, but I just looked in the parts manual and I believe it should be a 640281-511, with effectivity note XVII, for S/N 24-0861 thru 24-1417.  (My plane is -1221.)  I don't know the difference with the -523 version but I expect it won't work since the earlier versions are 14V.  If you can figure out if it might work, then let me know.

KSMooniac, I suppose it would not work... My Serial is 24-3139 and I think there's no way round of the voltage diference... But I'll check it with my mechanic.

On your previous message, I tried Don Maxwell, but he prefered not to envolve since I was already in contact with Mooney. I'm actually starting to think that the $500 bill Mooney presented me isn't as bad as I thought.... The worse to cope is 120 days lead time.

Anyway, thanks for your help, I'll keep in touch!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...