Aircraft jacks

• 4 years later...

SOLD! I sold my Ovation2, so I have 3 Mooney size aircraft jacks for sale.  All 3 work well and can be broken down for loading into your plane (or shipped) if necessary.  All have a centering collar to prevent the jack point from slipping off the jack, and a collar lock to ensure the plane doesn't drop in case of hydraulic failure.  Jack range is from approximately 22" to 37" and the piston is rated at 4 tons.  Tripod base ensures nose gear clearance for retraction tests.  Since shipping would most likely be $150-200 for all 3, it would  be best to pick them up in Georgetown, TX.   Sold as a set only.  $300 (plus shipping if not picked up.)

Edited by DaveC
Item SOLD

Make your own , and when you knock a hole in the bottom of the wing , you will wish you bought the right ones...

My cheap self made jacks held up great all week with an Avionics tech and myself getting in and out. Got in and out probably 100 times.

cef818fcea732334d7a851e2c377226d.jpg

Proof if I end up sending the ram through the bottom of the wing it was due to a situation even factory made jacks would have failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

Proof if I end up sending the ram through the bottom of the wing it was due to a situation even factory made jacks would have failed.

I think you basically just did a homemade version of the 'commercial' low-wing jack. The reason they are so expensive is twofold: 1) low volume production and 2) liability.

I have dreamed of a common application for a jack like this appearing and then running down to HF and buying a pair for $80 (with the coupon!). The other ridiculously overpriced aircraft toy is the electric towbar. You can get one of these at HF for 0.16 AMU, not much difference to a Sidewinder:

63286_zzz_500.jpg

Edited by HRM
Weird capitalization.
  • Like 1