What's your Mooney's name

bonal

I agree with big tex. I must say I'm kind of disappointed thought I'd get some real great names. Definitely some good ones but not as many as I expected. we even put a couple art stickers of Snoopy in his goggles scarf atop his flying dog house on the tail of 14U

Ours is called "Hank"... why you ask?  Well after a night of some libations my partners and I were watching the show Californication and the talk came around to the stars name Hank Moody {david duchovney}... with some extrapolation Hank Mooney... and the name Hank was borne. :D

Cheers, Gary

I was going to name my bird "Mary Jane" after my wife,  but I decided on "Time Pilot". I figured US Customs would have too much fun with Mary Jane :lol:

Huh - sometimes I call my wife niner three three, after my plane, and I mean that as a compliment, be she doesn't seem to like that.

• Like 1

Ours is called "Hank"... why you ask?  Well after a night of some libations my partners and I were watching the show Californication and the talk came around to the stars name Hank Moody {david duchovney}... with some extrapolation Hank Mooney... and the name Hank was borne. :D

Cheers, Gary

"Hank" is a great name!! and infrequently encountered. [i'm living in City #21, and have only known three other Hanks.]

My little kids, ardent Dr.Seuss fans, loved the book, Marvin K. Mooney, Will You Please Go Now, and knew it by heart.  Since our new-to-us airplane was a 20-K Mooney, they dubbed it Marvin.Somehow as they grew up, Marvin K-Mooney didn't really stick... now it's just 58Hotel, unless I'm giving Young Eagle or grandchildren rides. Then it's Marvin K-Mooney again. The littlest ones think that is wildly funny.

My grandfather flew B-17's in WWII.  His airplane was the Lady Luck, and he bailed out over France.  The Lady Luck II ditched in the English channel, and the Lady Luck III finished the war.

My first Mooney, a 1967 M20F Executive and was "Lady Luck IV."

I currently own a 1983 M20J Missile 300.  It is technically "Lady Luck V."  However, we call HIM (even though the step is missing) by the nickname "Hank" due to the previous owner (PM me - it's a good story).  We often call it "The Missile" as well.

So . . . Lady Luck V, Hank, The Missile.

-Seth

• Like 1