(Clip) Garmin Virb camera - Sussex NJ to Miller Airport NJ

New wingtip camera, Sussex NJ (KFWN) to Miller Airport (KMJX) during SuperBowl Weekend. Air Traffic controllers were slammed in the Bravo from the private jet traffic.

Results on new Garmin camera: great upgrade! We sold all our GoPro cameras for the new Garmin and the video quality is much smoother and image stabilized. The GPS metrics/overlays and ipad controls from inside the cockpit are a big plus, but the image quality is the most important. Huge improvement.

Virb_sample.jpg

Something seems to be a bit incorrect about the data, Phillip?

100mph seems a bit slow for an M20...

We're you climbing out in this photo?

The ground doesn't seem flat enough for the Toms River area.

Best regards,

-a-

More like he is flying a Piper... Check out the latches on the cowl and the wing root.

I love the VIRBs. Their video quality is great, the features are amazing and their battery life is much better than any other brand in the market. The only problem I see is that with the basic model you can not control your camera from your ipad or iphone. Recently I shot a video mainly with my VIRBs flying back from Honduras (I posted it before).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Phillip and Oscar, I just got new VRIB's for my kids. After exhaustive internet searching, I can't seem to determine the most reliable external aircraft mounts (wing tip, vertical stabilizer, tie down eyelets etc.). I don't really care much how it is done, but I don't want to lose a camera (into a Hog pen, as has gone viral lately). What mounts do your recommend that are rock solid and safe? Original OEM mounts? How?

John

Can you edit the vibration out? The camera looks like it strobes a bit. But that's ok, so do some Hollywood cameras. I like the music. Who was the artest?

-Matt

Matt, unfortunately I don't know how to edit the vibration out. If you use the software provided by you tube the image does not look good. So I prefer to leave the vibration in. But if somebody has any ideas, please...