New engine

Aron, I had my factory reman IO550N installed two years ago, and couldn't be happier.  CMI (TCM at that time) shipped the engine to my mechanic in TX, and I flew down for annual.  During this "extended annual", we removed old engine and prop, installed the new engine, sold the old prop, shipped the old engine core back to CMI, and the costs were exactly what CMI and my mechanic quoted, so the budget stayed intact.  All in all, a wonderful experience.
Depending on where you choose to get your engine, they could ship to Don if that's who you choose.  Not sure if you're a proponent of user-assisted annuals and maintenance (or if Don's shop allows that), but if so, you may want to factor that into your decision-making when looking for a shop.  I've only gone through this twice (user-assisted both times), but you're welcome to PM if you have additional questions.
Steve

Thank you Steve for the update I have put a new engine on it and I have over 275 hours on it now. I hope you enjoy your new engine.

Aron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk