On Top of the World With My Mooney

kurtsnyder

For inside stuff, I just used a suction cup mount that came with the camera. I'm using the Drift hd170. For outside, I used a handlebar mount in the tail tiedown ring and used tons of safety wire and wire ties. I've flown for about 15 hours or so over all with a camera back there and it never budged.

Kurt,  Great video :)     By the way the adapter arrived and works great!  Thanks again and don't forget about lunch sometime...

Tom

Dyersburg

DYR

Hey Tom, glad to hear you got it. Yes, let's definitely get together for lunch.

Kurt, I noticed at one point you had an iPad mounted in front of the compass on the center windshield bar. How did that work out? Got any better pictures of the the setup? How did you mount it

I just bought this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ipad-car-mount-adjustable-suction-cup-mount-for-ipad-2-/301074100421?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Mounts_Stands_Holders&hash=item46196a30c5 It was super cheap, so I really just wanted to test it out to see how it worked and what I thought. I figured that I had nothing to lose at only $10. I flew about 5 hours with it and wasn't crazy about it. It seems like it's right in your face and it doesn't work well when it comes to approaching the airport since it feels like it blocks so much. After that is when I went with an iPad mini and a yoke mount. MUCH better setup.

• Like 1

Wow, my NEW favorite Mooney video ALL TIME!  Really nice compilation.  Your and your co-pilot's smiles made my day...Seriously, was traveling overnight for work and was bummed that I could not open on my I-Pad...Bose "I'm on top of the world" made wait worth it.  Seeing the green below brought another "sigh" as I drove in blowing snow and temps of 8 degrees and lower :(

The Chicago skyline, audio of you calling out that you had traffic, night lights, grass field, pre-flight, taxi take-off, landing just a GREAT VIDEO!  Seriously, if this video does not get you excited about learning to fly...flying your Mooney...or GETTING A MOONEY and getting a panel upgrade...you have no soul :)

Thanks so much...and get out there and get me my second winter "joy" fix already

Scott

• Like 2

I LIKED THE FIRST GEAR RETRACTION....AND IT'S....IT'S...IT'S, UP! SECOND SHOWED THAT THERE IS NO FASTER RETRACT THAN A PROPERLY SWUNG J-BAR. DOWN, UP! NOW YOU SEE 'EM, NOW YA DON'T....DON'T BLINK.

haha! The first retraction was slow due to me having the pax seatbelt latch laying in the way of where the Johnson bar retracts. I was trying to hold the bar in position and move the seatbelt with one hand. I normally check that before takeoff. Oh well. Funny you caught that though!

• Like 1

Wow, my NEW favorite Mooney video ALL TIME!  Really nice compilation.  Your and your co-pilot's smiles made my day...Seriously, was traveling overnight for work and was bummed that I could not open on my I-Pad...Bose "I'm on top of the world" made wait worth it.  Seeing the green below brought another "sigh" as I drove in blowing snow and temps of 8 degrees and lower :(

The Chicago skyline, audio of you calling out that you had traffic, night lights, grass field, pre-flight, taxi take-off, landing just a GREAT VIDEO!  Seriously, if this video does not get you excited about learning to fly...flying your Mooney...or GETTING A MOONEY and getting a panel upgrade...you have no soul :)

Thanks so much...and get out there and get me my second winter "joy" fix already

Scott

Scott, thank SO much for the kind words. Your post made my day! I understand your depression at seeing the green down below. I got really depressed as well and now can't wait for summer and to see green again!

I have a ton of footage and am about to start working on another. Hopefully I'll have something soon.

And BTW, here is a mobile friendly version: https://vimeo.com/84920019

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing! Great video! Was that a three point landing at end ;-)

I don't know if it was a three point landing... but for sure this is the best Flying video I have watched in a long time...I can't stop watching it and showing it to my friends. Kurt really great job. Looking forward to your next one.