On Top of the World With My Mooney

kurtsnyder

Thanks for sharing! Great video! Was that a three point landing at end ;-)

Actually, it wasn't a 3 pointer. I went back and looked at the normal speed video and the mains touched first and the nose wheel touched a couple of seconds later. Just looked that way being sped up. LOL!

I don't if it was a three point landing... but for sure this is the best Flying video I have watched in a long time...I can't stop watching it and showing it to my friends. Kurt really great job. Looking forward to your next one.

Thank so much Oscar! I have so much footage and have already started working on another one. Hopefully it won't take me too long to finish it!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Tom, glad to hear you got it. Yes, let's definitely get together for lunch.

I just bought this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ipad-car-mount-adjustable-suction-cup-mount-for-ipad-2-/301074100421?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Mounts_Stands_Holders&hash=item46196a30c5 It was super cheap, so I really just wanted to test it out to see how it worked and what I thought. I figured that I had nothing to lose at only $10. I flew about 5 hours with it and wasn't crazy about it. It seems like it's right in your face and it doesn't work well when it comes to approaching the airport since it feels like it blocks so much. After that is when I went with an iPad mini and a yoke mount. MUCH better setup.

What yoke mount do you have for the iPad Mini? It looks super close and clean as compared to mine mounted on the yoke!

The copilot's smile would be all it takes to sell Mooneys.

And you know what? This particular Mooney, N74795, is one of the cheapest Mooneys one could buy. All this fun for very little dinero. All the talk of turbos, Acclaims, TKS, glass panels, turbines, etc, etc, etc... look what you can do with the most basic and lowest cost Mooney out there!!! This video and this little 53 year old, dirt cheap (in aviation terms) airplane sells the thrill of flying and airplane ownership better than any pro ad I've ever seen for anything that burns Jet-A or flies in the flight levels.

• Like 2

What yoke mount do you have for the iPad Mini? It looks super close and clean as compared to mine mounted on the yoke!

I use this mount: http://www.sportys.com/PilotShop/product/17843It works and fits the airplane perfectly. It's a little pricey just for some plastic, but well worth it.

And you know what? This particular Mooney, N74795, is one of the cheapest Mooneys one could buy. All this fun for very little dinero. All the talk of turbos, Acclaims, TKS, glass panels, turbines, etc, etc, etc... look what you can do with the most basic and lowest cost Mooney out there!!! This video and this little 53 year old, dirt cheap (in aviation terms) airplane sells the thrill of flying and airplane ownership better than any pro ad I've ever seen for anything that burns Jet-A or flies in the flight levels.

Thanks so much for the kind words! What you say is very true though. We are by no means well to do and by all means, completely middle class. Some of my family and friends act like flying is just a rich man's hobby and that the average person can't do it or that you have to be rich to own an airplane. Far from it! And it's true... that little inexpensive airplane has given us so much joy and created so many memories that my wife and I will never forget!

• Like 1

I use this mount: http://www.sportys.com/PilotShop/product/17843It works and fits the airplane perfectly. It's a little pricey just for some plastic, but well worth it.

Thanks so much for the kind words! What you say is very true though. We are by no means well to do and by all means, completely middle class. Some of my family and friends act like flying is just a rich man's hobby and that the average person can't do it or that you have to be rich to own an airplane. Far from it! And it's true... that little inexpensive airplane has given us so much joy and created so many memories that my wife and I will never forget!

Yep. Mooney should use this video (with a little editing) to sell the Mooney lifestyle. IMHO, they should promote not only the ownership of brand new Mooneys, but also 53 year old Mooneys and older still!

• Like 1

I have thought this way for years as long as the company's that make and sell aircraft and things related to aviation spend all there advertising money in the trades there will never be a break from the idea that's it's a rich mans game. All the brands should have a joint campaign with TV and Internet adds depicting normal folks flying and enjoying aviation with there under 40k dollar airplanes. Unless we get an increase in the pilot population there will be no reason for anything GA to even exist. And let's be honest do you really think our government likes having us all able to fly free as a bird?

• Like 3