AOA installation

DonMuncy

Just wanted to bump this thread to see what y'all think about your AOA's, especially those of you who go the CYA 100.

Are you happy with it?

Do you use it as much as you thought you would?

Is there anyone who wishes they hadn't installed it?

I wish I had joined in the MooneySpace group buy . . .

I've only flown once since installing my CYA100 but the installation was straight forward and the display is so narrow it can be fit almost anywhere in the panel. I located the sensor in the right wing, "symmetric" to the pitot. I added a dedicated 1A CB to the CB array and wired the alarm to the pilot headset jack with an in line 10000(?) ohm resistor.

There's a couple of pics in my gallery.

http://mooneyspace.com/gallery/image/36505-img-20150210-1501196061/

• 3 weeks later...

I have about 20 hrs in plane with the unit now. It works great. Its nice to have a visual and audio warning of AOA. Only thing I want to add is a switch to cancel the audio temporarily, The vane will flop around with winds on taxi and sound the warning,  I end up pulling the breaker, and push it back in on initial take off roll. Absolutely worth the money

• Like 1