How many started 2014 with a New Years Day Flight?

Wheels up at 10:30 am- Jan 1, 2014.  Flew 1.2 hrs along the Mississippi River. Nothing major, but a nice quite peaceful flight in cool crisp air along the river. No radio traffic to speak of..just quite low flight cruising. Can't start 2014 any better than that.

• Like 1

I didn't today but tomorrow my dad and I are going to take a trip up to Paso Robles to visit a friend of ours we use to fly r/c jets with. He just bought Jet Cat USA. The company that services all the little turbines for the r/c jet for those who aren't familiar.

1.4 today. Like many of you, just seemed like a great morning for a leisurely flight to enjoy the scenery and solitude early in the day before the family dinner and football for the remainder of the day.

No prop ... No fly.

Rebuild and hub mod ... over the holidays means a little extra time ... Prop has been at shop since December 2nd.

I did sit in the plane yesterday after tweaking iPad Mini Mount placement and make "Vvvrrrooom, Vvvrrooom" sounds!

:-)

How are you mounting your mini? Santa was good to me, but I don't want to cover the yoke clock, which I use for switching tanks and logging flight time and Actual. I'm thinking left windshield somewhere/somehow, or the center post. I've only made one flight with it, and it was either on the right seat or in my hand. More thinking need . . .

Of course, I could go ovation style and mount it overhead, angled down and left. Anybody tried that?

Dec 31 went to KLVK met my bro and Nephew took them on a short hop for lunch then made trip home. Today my wife and I flew .9 to Columbia o22 and are staying at a great little b&b home tomorrow. Cool calm and so smooth air.

• Like 1

Not I, even though today was a beautiful day outside. As of today, I am no longer legal to fly. I need to renew my medical. The plane is part way through an oil change. I think I'll finish it tomorrow. I does suck that I won't be able to go fly it though.

Oh well, I took some friends out for a great boat ride on the Delta today instead. I love the water nearly as much as the air!

1528705_10202736950053567_1063254494_n.j

• Like 4

1.1 hours flight time (probably 1.4 Hobbs). My inlaws are visiting from South Africa so I took three of them up. Original plan was to fly out for lunch but i felt conditions at destionation too dicey for their first flight and just took a long circle south and showed them what it looked like from a few different altitudes.  Unfortunately, it was a bit bumppy and my wife had talked two of them into taking drammamine.

• Like 1

Just made the return trip from o22 had a great flight not a single bump a little hazy but still you could see 100 miles. Had a 6 knot headwind that's typical when flying NW in California was still getting about 165 to 170mph on the GPS.

• Like 1

Got my BFR on Friday the 3rd. That was as close to New Years Day as the weather would allow.  But the BFR was uneventful, except the instructor criticized my first attempt at steep turns by saying "you've been flying too much IFR; we need to get that bank angle above 30 degrees!"  So I did another set approaching 60 degrees and he was happier.

New Years morning, I took the Mooney to Placerville, Ca. Not much activity there but it was fun. I hiked around the field including where the old runway use to be. Placerville is a good place to visit. Unfortunately, they don't have a restaurant on the field. One thing interesting is the illusionary slope of the runway. The airport manager told me about the illusion. Sure looked like a upslope approach to me but he said it wasn't.