Seriously considering letting AOPA membership lapse

E8_header.jpg  

Your AOPA membership has expired! Renew now, and your membership benefits will be reinstated immediately. Plus, you'll also receive a FREE AOPA Pilot's Cap for renewing through this special offer!

Your benefits include:

check.gif12 issues of AOPA Pilot or Flight Training

check.gifExclusive online flight planning tools and resources

E8_spacer.jpgat www.aopa.org

check.gifPowerful representation in Washington, DC to defend

E8_spacer.jpgyour freedom to fly

check.gifFREE AOPA Pilot's Cap

check.gifAnd much more!

I am jonesing for  "the works". Once they throw my number away, I'll reapply (likely under my S-Corp name) and get the ENTIRE NEW MEMBER PACKET!!!!! All the goodies.....not only the cap, but THE FLIGHT BAG, the chart plotter, the directory, the calendar, the stickers, AVIS new member discounts, extra dibs on Debonair entries and on and on and on.......

• Like 1

They are an association management organization first. I am based at FDK, just outside their front door. I have heard many locals complain about excess and perks. Their Citation jet upgrade a few years back made a lot of eye brows go up. Yodice keeps his 310 and Cub on the same hangar row.......Horne has an A36, Fuller had a very late model A36 and Hirshman has a S1A on the next hangar row. Don't slight them, but everybody seems to be doing well............as they should. I just see a different side of it.

• Like 1

OOOOOooooooooooo........... don't want to lose my number:

Header.jpg

John,

Our records indicate your membership has expired, and we have not yet received your renewal payment.

Because you are a valued member, we want to honor your loyalty and support by preserving your original membership number. But we can only guarantee it until 1/31/2014.

Please renew your membership now to retain your original number and remain on our membership roster.

Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to another great year together.

Sincerely,

Charles Lehman

AOPA Member Services

P.S. We don't want to lose you. Please renew now to ensure your original membership number, and we'll also send you an AOPA Pilot's Cap as our thank you gift!

Sidebar.jpg

How long before you got the "Dear John" letter from them? My renewal was up last April and they just switched from hats to flight bags with me.

They have a citation jet? Really? That kinda pisses me off...... I'd love to hear the justification for that...... Do they have to retain a full time pilot staff too?

They have a CJ, a DA40 and I believe one other prop (182?). Not sure what it is. For a while, they had a King Air and a real nice A36...tip tanks, nice P&I. I heard they sold it for near full value with spar cracks.

As for the CJ....they made a significant upgrade a few years back. Sure they should have one, but the trade-in and upgrade sparked interest. Did they need the newer, better jet?

Chris, I had not read the Paul Bert Avweb article. It is very tactful and fair. Let's not forget, they are in the aircraft OWNER business. They should own a jet. Maybe lease it and show some income on it?