Not a good night to fly last night

I happened to be unfortunate enough to fly into Chicago last night. (Commercial flight) Mother nature put on a great display of lightning. I thought it was wing tip strobes for a while until I saw a remarkable looking bolt of lightning out the window.. Some scary stuff.

The ramp was closed at least once, when I was stuck on the taxiway inbound and again at least once the next morning when I was outbound.  I guess I never knew that ramps closed like that.

Dan

Guest Anonymous

Yes it was, you just have to be in the right place!  I had a gorgeous hour and fifty trip back from KMFR to KOLM.  On top of some scattered, puffy white clounds, sun low in the west, smooth air and cooperative, helpful controllers cutting off doglegs.

I like to think about those kinds of trips when the airlines are doing their best to make me loose my groove - it helps.

RFB

Shortly after 9-11 I got stuck on the O'Hare ramp in a thunderstorm for 5 hours along with what seemed like hundreds of other planes. There wasn't enough room in the terminal so they started to put everyone on planes. I got a great seat on an exit row in the front but I was in the middle of a Rabbi and an Imam already engaged in a colorful discussion. I know, it sounds like a joke. We watched the in-flight movie twice. As they started to release planes some toward the front were running out of fuel reserves and could not be moved so we had to wait for the fuel trucks to service everyone. When we finally arrived at SFO our gate was changed to the international terminal. When we tried to exit the jetway it was locked from the inside and had to wait 20 minutes before someone with a key let us out. Then, our luggage got sent to the wrong terminal. It felt good to get home.

Guest Anonymous

Quote: flight2000

What are dog-legs?  I'm normally given direct (I file /G) out here in the Midewest.... Laughing

It was a spectacular display out here last night in Kansas as well, although we had some damage from high winds, but no tornadoes thankfully.

Brian