ASPEN 1000 Pro Slip/Skid turn over functoning

schwanlib

Christophe-

Would love to help out. Can you describe the issue a little more closely, or could you post pictures of the issue? That might help... Are you sure you have an issue: I think the indicator on an aspen is a turn needle- so would indicate opposite of a traditional "ball". Perhaps another aspen owner can chime in here

not sure what your question is?

The slip/skid indicator is a solid white rectangle under the pointer at the top of the display, It should line up with the fixed triangle pointer when coordinated, and it moves left or right when uncoordinated.

If you are saying that it is indicating different than the original "ball" in your turn coordinator, your avionics installer should have calibrated and told you which one is accurate. 

not sure what your question is?

The slip/skid indicator is a solid white rectangle under the pointer at the top of the display, It should line up with the fixed triangle pointer when coordinated, and it moves left or right when uncoordinated.

If you are saying that it is indicating different than the original "ball" in your turn coordinator, your avionics installer should have calibrated and told you which one is accurate.

They could both be accurate: typically a turn needle moves opposite a "ball." I don't have an aspen, though, so can't say for sure

Both the Aspen slip indicator and the ball move the same direction when in an uncoordinated turn.

What are they like on the ground? Mine register slightly differently, and I bought a long length of plastic tube, which when filled with water makes a more accurate wing leveller that a spirit level in the baggage bay.  As it turned out, it is my ball that is reading inaccurately, which to correct I'm going to need to enlarge the holes for the AI that it is mounted on - another job waiting for the panel to come out (I'm getting quite a list of those now, it might be time to get on with it!)

Thank you all it helps me to check what is behind that;

What's happening always the same:

When climbing ASPEN shows more correction to be given on the Right.

When on straigth and level flight ASPEN shows correction to be given on the right as traditional slip/skid shows no correction to be given.

See attached pictures.

One on the ground one not moving on the air at FL160

Rgds,

Christophe

post-11037-0-24259900-1388099133_thumb.j

post-11037-0-32343700-1388099166_thumb.j

The thing is Christophe, you don't know which one is in error yet, so although you can adjust the Aspen to match the ball, will that mean you are flying S&L or with some bank?

You can get a fairly close result with a spirit level in the baggage bay, which might be enough to show you which one is out, but on the assumption that you haven't got a bent airframe, them you might want to invest a few euros in 12m of plastic tube (if you want to come over the LFGB to use mine then fine, but it'll cost you a load more in Avgas!)

If the Aspen is out, it can be adjusted in the software to a degree, but the manual states that you will need to do another compass swing if you change any of the values about the panel tilt, which makes it a less trivial job.

Here's my situation, but I know it is the ball in error

No ball... Look at the top of the AI. The little rectangle box below the triangle indicator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Push the rudder pedal hard while watching the top of the Aspen AI. You'll see the box (think ball) deflect away from the pushed peddle.

• Like 1