Wow - be careful Brad

that's cool, especially with his wife already having a PPL.  It's kinda ironic that he has to go through a lot of training to fly it--didn't they pretty much throw young soldiers into those planes during WWII?

I'm guessing he and his insurance company are hoping for a somewhat better non-combat fatality rate than the Brits had during the BoB.  

Kalifornia. Only movie he did that I will admit that I enjoyed...

Cruise wisely flys a P51D with those nice wide gear...

Have fun on those narrow legs Brad...Not nearly as sexy as Angolina's Jams, but Not bad...

Thanks - I will fire up netflix right now on Kalifornia.

Oh - and the narrow legs - Brad gets both sets.

• Like 1

Remember, she flies a Cirrus if I recall correctly. 

I think its great for aviation that the news is out there that Brad Pitt has purchased a Spitfire.  I think it's a lovely plane, but I too would pick a Mustang.  Question - in a dogfight of equal pilots, which aircraft is superior in dogfighting?  The Mustang or the Spitfire?  I realize there were many models of both, but let's say end of war P-51D vs Spitfire Mark (I'm not sure if it's the IV, the VII, Spitfire fans help me out here).

Could the Spitfire turn inside the Mustang?  Could the Mustang outclimb or outspeed the Spitfire and just make pass after pass at him?

-Seth

Brad: I'm Brad Pitt - and I am a very rich movie star.  Now my wife has a nice airplane, that Cirrus thing, and I want an airplane too.  Should I get a Spitfire with that lovely classic English fighter look but narrow landing gear, or a P51 with the classic American beefy WWII fighter look and V12 roar, and wider stance landing gear?  Decisions, decisions.

Aviatoreb: Brad, why not get both?  I mean you are filthy rich.  Look at Jay Leno - he has a bunch of cars.  You don't just want one airplane do you?  Get both.

Brad:  Good idea Aviatoreb.  Thanks.  How about you help me pick up the P51 when I purchase it and then we can fly out to the Hamptons for the weekend together for some fun dog fighting fun in my two classics, and then maybe after a BBQ with our wives.

Aviatoreb: That sounds like fun Brad.  How does this weekend sound.

(Wake up Erik…time to wake up…the end of work whistle went off and they are letting all the professors go home now from a hard day of work the University…)

• Like 2

Yeah it is cool that both Brad and Angelina are pilots. I'd love to fly with John Travolta or Harrison Ford someday if I got lucky and met them in person at an AOPA conference.

I could care less about about flying with any of them but if I was single maybe Angelina at 5280' as a passenger.

• Like 1