The Incredible Shrinking Mooney

Bennett

Don't wash your Mooney in hot water

BEFORE WASHING: PHOTO ONE

AFTER WASHING: PHOTO TWO

The model was made by Factorydirectmodels.  This is the third model of owned aircraft that they have made as a custom model for me, and this one is by by far the most detailed. Good people to work with. They send you progress photos so that corrections can be made before the model is fully assembled. 

A few more photos: MR1 (photo 6) is the real aircraft. 

post-7730-0-35572600-1385770301_thumb.jp

post-7730-0-00668000-1385770407_thumb.jp

post-7730-0-55793100-1385770647_thumb.jp

post-7730-0-68312200-1385770768_thumb.jp

post-7730-0-41551000-1385770805_thumb.jp

post-7730-0-16731800-1385770894_thumb.jp

post-7730-0-25481500-1385770943_thumb.jp

post-7730-0-69658800-1385771228_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Has anyone else noticed how funny that there are two separate threads in a row, this one

The Incredible Shrinking Mooney

and one right next to it entitled?

How to put the plane on a diet?

I think we need strart a third thread. One labelled "How to put the pilot on a diet so he/she can fit into their shrinking Mooney?"

• Like 1

I think they even have the seat stiching right!!!! W.O.W! Mine has deep tinted windows...for a reason. Really nice work on interior. Did they even get the panel correct? Over the top cool. Wth the printers maybe a mini Bennett (at the leather yoke) on the next iteration? :)

They outsourced it to Lilliputia. I hear they have talented people who work on a small scale...

A few answers. The green color is acceptable, but not perfect. Sending photos back and forth via the web, with different monitors makes the color matching difficult. The colors in the last set of "proof" photos looked perfect. I ordered the model at Oshkosh, and received it last week. That is about the same time interval as the previous two models. It might have been a bit faster if I didn't ask them to make a few corrections to the interior after I received the interior proof photos. I'll try and add the approved photos later. Again not perfect, but certInly acceptable for a model at the cost they charged. I believe it was about $500 with a the "show specials" Funny about the juxtaposition of the two threads. I am tying to lose a bit if body mass, but I don't think I can ever get small enough for the model.

• Like 2