More after work fun...

Oscar Avalle

Oscar,  what kind of gear are you using for the photography?  How do you have it mounted?  If you weren't using what you have, what would be on your wishlist?

Carl

Carl,

I am using 2 Go pros and 2 Contours. Both cameras are great. However, their battery life sucks... or at least I have not been able to get enough juice time out of them... So after 1.5 hours (even in the case of the Go Pro with the extra battery pack) they are dead. But the video quality of both cameras are excellent and they are very rugged. I fly often through rain, land on grass strips  and they seem not to mind...

What would I want? Well, I decided to try out the new Garmin VIRB, got one, looks like a great camera and well priced, but before having been able to use it, it died while I was updating the software. It became a nice brick. I contacted Garmin and they told me that I had to wait 10 to 14 business days to get a replacement.... bummer, and not a very good customer service, considering that it was not my fault...

Having said this, I still think that given that Garmin has a 3 hour battery, this may be a good option too.

I use the factory provided mounts. They stick well to the wing and fuselage. At some point I tried to use the suction cups. They also work well, but if you don't mount them well... you may lose a camera (I lost two).

Oscar

Sweet.  I have been looking at the GoPro for a while. That Virb looks pretty cool too but given your experience and the 2 star Amazon rating I may wait till version 1.x to hit the street. Or, at least for the software app to be released. Has it yet? I did not see anythong in a quick search of the AppStore.