Jed-Aire Annual Experience

mulro767

I just finished up a very painless and inexpensive annual with Jason Doscher at JED-Aire Aviation.  His professionalism and courtesy alone make it easy to continue flying 26 miles northwest of Willmar, MN.  My experiences with that well known MSC have been posted here previously so I won't beat a dead horse.  

Jason is a one man operation. When you call his number, he answers.  I've had a few questions prior to the annual and he always answered or called back quickly.  His estimate was very accurate and reasonable.  He let me assist and get my hands dirty.  And he let me drink his beer when the day was done.  He also gave me the keys to his truck to stay at a nearby hotel.  I showed up at 9 am Monday and was back home at 1 pm Tuesday.  And on top of the annual, he installed new Lord engine mounts and a new engine baffle.  He's a very hard and efficient worker.  And he's a Mooney expert!

One of my squawks prior to the annual was my uneven CHT's.  I was seeing #1 at 380 and #2 at 320 with 3 and 4 somewhere in the middle.  When I went LOP, #2 peaked way ahead of the others.  Jason installed a new baffle and used silicone in every hole, nook and cranny he could find to even out the airflow.  It worked!  On the flight home I tried LOP and all four peaked within seconds of each other with close to even CHT's.  

So I'm just writing to express my gratitude for good service and hospitality. Sometimes that's hard to find in this business.  I highly recommend JED-Aire Aviation!

http://jed-aireaviation.com

• Like 1

Jason is great.  He conducted the pre-buy on my airplane as well as the annual and engine overahaul reinstall (shipped the engine to the OH shop).

He's a true professional and knows the Mooney well.

Years ago he used to run the maintenance shop for Bruce Jager at Wilmar but not anymore.  Jason broke off to start his own shop, and years later Bruce sold Wimar.  They still have a great respect for each other and send each other a lot of business.

I'd trust Jason with my plane any day.  If anyone needs the contact information for Jed Aire or Jason's cell phone, PM me.

-Seth

I'd like to chime-in and give my endorsement of Jason as well.  He conducted a pre-buy and annual on my recent purchase of an MSE and installed a new JPI with fuel flow.  I was really impressed with the depth of his knowledge about every nook and cranny of my new Mooney and his willingness to burn lots of 'off-the-clock' time talking to me about the plane generally.  I was also impressed with the way that he made sure I had enough information to make informed maintenance decisions without trying to make them for me.  I couldn't have asked for a better pre-buy/annual experience.

-Howard

• Like 1

. . . . .and another vote for Jason. He did the pre-buy and annual on my 1981 M20K in July, and I couldn't have been happier with the price and the service. Both Bruce Jeager and Tim Lundquist recommended him, and I can see why. If you ever have him work on your airplane, it opens up the "answer line" any time you have a question. Great guy!

• Like 1