G1000 WAAS for legacy Ovation GX, Bravo GX

ghovey

Sounds good, but to keep from having to blow another 70k in five years, I would strongly consider the competition of they guy who did this to me in the first place...

Thanks for the logic check, Don.

Best regards,

-a-

Keep in mind, I still have the BK stuff of the last behemoth ill behaved company...

well it sounds like as long as the FAA has their fingers in approvals, All-in-one systems will be a disadvantage to the aircraft owner. If I understand the issue, it is not a hardware or software issue it is changing the certification by virtue of the upgrade and the cost (FAA) of approval. 

Individual avionics units are still the way to go.

• Like 1

well it sounds like as long as the FAA has their fingers in approvals, All-in-one systems will be a disadvantage to the aircraft owner. If I understand the issue, it is not a hardware or software issue it is changing the certification by virtue of the upgrade and the cost (FAA) of approval. Individual avionics units are still the way to go.
Unless money is not an object of concern ;) This whole thread is why I am an advocate of open hierarchy and a strong supporter (read, they will get my money) of companies who approach it this way.
  • Like 1

I guess I still wonder how they managed to easily certify the G700 autopilot on the Mooney at a time when the company was already out of money yet the 150+ airplanes with the STEC couldn't be certified. Again it begs the question as to what actually, factually, the true story is. I hope the new owners of the Mooney company think this is important. I would also hope Garmin would step up for these owners of Mooneys, Diamonds, Cessnas.

We all just want to fly safely. Obsolete equipment in certified aircraft within 1-3 years of purchase is not good corporate policy. Rather than help fix the STEC problem they certify a new autopilot?

• 2 weeks later...

The Bravos are being given away at ridiculously low prices.  This would be a good time to buy one.  The low resale value was one of the reasons I spent what did on the upgrade to my airplane.  After adding the cost of the upgrade, trading for an Acclaim that wasn't as well equipped would have still cost twice as much, so it seemed like a good investment to me.  While I'm planning on keeping my airplane indefinitely, were I to sell it there is no doubt in my mind that I would get back everything that I put into it because I don't think there is a Bravo out there that has this avionics package in it, and someone would HAVE to have it.  At least if it were me, I would choose my airplane before any other one, however, I might be just as little prejudiced...

• Like 1