Another GoPro Video

bnicolette

Brett, very nice.  How are you connected to get audio? 

I hook a digital voice recorder (Sony ICD-PX333) into a vacant headset jack.  I like the engine noise in the videos so the GoPro will pick that up and then in iMovie I can have several audio tracks going and adjust the volume in each.  Really simple and seems to work well?

I guess there is a cord if you wanted to hook the GoPro into the intercom but then there would only be the communications and no engine noise.

• Like 1

Haha, you got me. I spilled red powerade on my NJMooney shirt just shortly after departing San Marcos. The mic gets in the way so you have to play around it to drink and with an overfilled bottle it ended up going kinda bad.

Hey mcpilot, I like the view. Where did you mount the camera to? And is it just how the camera's mounted or were you aiming to land between the centerline and runway edge? Practicing narrow field landing precision?

And is it just how the camera's mounted or were you aiming to land between the centerline and runway edge? Practicing narrow field landing precision?

Damn!  He's tough.  Don't sweat it Mc.  I've seen enough of 201er's landings to know...........................well let's just leave it at that. :P

Haha, you got me. I spilled red powerade on my NJMooney shirt just shortly after departing San Marcos. The mic gets in the way so you have to play around it to drink and with an overfilled bottle it ended up going kinda bad.

...snip

Red powerade? Is that what that was? I wasn't really sure, 10hrs in the plan with not stops.............. had me wondering.

• 2 months later...

Can you tell me where and what type of cable you used to connect your Sony to a headset jack. Thanks

I just used a regular 2.5mm jack with an adapter to go from that size to the 1/4" which will plug into the headset jack of the airplane.

This is not the one I have but you get the idea:

http://www.amazon.com/Right-Angle-2-5mm-Stereo-Adapter/dp/B009GLGNBY

• 5 months later...

Brett,

What is the T/O distance for the empty/light El Presidente?

Best regards,

-a-

Not sure Anthony but it's pretty short.  80 knots comes up really fast and then by the time I reach for the gear handle it has passed "blue line (single engine climb speed).

When Colemill did the conversion they didn't produce performance charts.  The STC just says that the performance will meet or exceed that of the IO470.