Ly-Con Cylinders Arrived!

kmyfm20s

This is a little follow up from my other post.http://mooneyspace.com/topic/10331-making-aluminum/?hl=%2Bmaking+%2Baluminum

post-11041-0-01526900-1382904142_thumb.j

My overhauled cylinders from Ly-Con showed up and I thought a few of you would be interested in seeing them. Ly-con claims 4 to 5 additional HP per cylinder with their porting and flow balancing so I thought I would give it a shot.  If you look at the intake and exhaust ports you can see the work is amazing. In the photo above you can also see the dental camera that I bought on Ebay to take the following pictures. 

post-11041-0-97313600-1382904172_thumb.j

This is a close up of intake port you can see the nice smooth surface.

post-11041-0-63429400-1382904205_thumb.j

This is the cylinder wall and top of the piston. The cylinders where not installed so the piston is all the way to the base of the cylinder or you would see more of it.

post-11041-0-45426700-1382904228_thumb.jpost-11041-0-68420500-1382904261_thumb.j

These are a couple of shots of the valves and seats. I was very impressed with the little $79 camera!  It fits in pretty tight but I was able to get all the critical views I would want.

After I get it all together I will give you all an update on the performance!

Karson

Hi Karson,

Were these factory new cyl's or were they nickel? Can you insert your dental camera in the spark plug hole and be able to see the valve faces? If so, what model is it? My borescope can get into the cyl, but I am not able to really position it well enough to see the valve faces and am considering something I can do this with.

Thanks