Garmin 696 w/XM & Yoke mount for sale

The 696 is very useful. I had XM weather on mine until I got free weather and traffic on the 750 with a GDL 88. I still have XM radio on the 696 piped through the audio panel to the headsets. .  

Same with me Bob, I have the 650 / 750 and GDL 88, I wish Garmin would hurry up with their promise to display the weather on the G500, that would make my panel complete as far as in panel goes.  I am now working on the redundant backup (non aircraft powered devices) and the 696 is a part of that but I don't have room for the items I am migrating too and the 696.   

I dont know if I am asking to much for the 696 and all the items I have that go along with it or not, Id make a fellow Mooniac a good deal on it if someone was truly interested.  

I paid my friend $1000 for his slightly used 696 with a RAM yoke mount, several cables and the XM antenna. This was about 1-1/2 year ago but I think he could have got a few hundred more on EBAY at that time.

Bob, thanks for the feedback, Ebay was what I looked at to set the price, the ones I found that compared were in the $1200 range.  I would be "reasonably" negotiable especially to a fellow Mooniac.. 

Bob, thanks for the feedback, Ebay was what I looked at to set the price, the ones I found that compared were in the $1200 range.  I would be "reasonably" negotiable especially to a fellow Mooniac.. 

I disliked the yoke mount but RAM makes 100s of parts and after using a suction mount for a while I got a bolt on plate to put the 696 in a great spot. Could not be happier..

post-8913-0-14359200-1382711913_thumb.jp

post-8913-0-60152000-1382711938_thumb.jp

I disliked the yoke mount but RAM makes 100s of parts and after using a suction mount for a while I got a bolt on plate to put the 696 in a great spot. Could not be happier..

Bob -- I was meaning to ask you... What kind of paint was used on your panel? I'm looking to finish my panel rebuild next Spring and would like to paint the panel a lighter color.

Sorry for the highjack!

Bob -- I was meaning to ask you... What kind of paint was used on your panel? I'm looking to finish my panel rebuild next Spring and would like to paint the panel a lighter color.

Sorry for the highjack!

It is powder coated, I think I approved the color in person with the a. shop and do not have the detail. but I will find out or you can call Robbie Greer @ Twin Lakes Avionics.

Twin Lakes Avionics

206 Indian Hills Rd.

Advance, NC 27006

(336) 998-6120

(Fax) 998-6420

www.GreerAerospace.com

Robbie@GreerAerospace.com

It is powder coated, I think I approved the color in person with the a. shop and do not have the detail. but I will find out or you can call Robbie Greer @ Twin Lakes Avionics.

Twin Lakes Avionics

206 Indian Hills Rd.

Advance, NC 27006

(336) 998-6120

(Fax) 998-6420

www.GreerAerospace.com

Robbie replies: "I'll have to check the color Monday. It's probably a color we got from Rossy's Powder coating or Caswell plating.
One thing to remember is that colors on a monitor will be different unless they have a calibrated monitor."

• 2 weeks later...

The 696 is very useful. I had XM weather on mine until I got free weather and traffic on the 750 with a GDL 88. I still have XM radio on the 696 piped through the audio panel to the headsets. .  

Hi Bob

I have a similar set up with the 650 and waiting to put in the GDL-88. Do you get stereo out of the XM radio to the headsets? I only get audio on the right side. 

Twin Lakes Avionics

206 Indian Hills Rd.

Advance, NC 27006

(336) 998-6120

(Fax) 998-6420

www.GreerAerospace.com

Hey Bob! I mentioned powder coating to the avionics shop when I visited them on Friday and they said powder coating was a bad idea for a panel. Asked why. They said that if the panel needs to be modified for additional work and you chip the poweder coating, it is not easy to repair. When painted, they said it is very easy to match things up. You have any work done since you had your's done?

Hey Bob! I mentioned powder coating to the avionics shop when I visited them on Friday and they said powder coating was a bad idea for a panel. Asked why. They said that if the panel needs to be modified for additional work and you chip the poweder coating, it is not easy to repair. When painted, they said it is very easy to match things up. You have any work done since you had your's done?

B26, I drilled 3 holes for the 696 mounting plate. I doubt the concern expressed is valid. Google "powder coating durability" and see what you read. I'm suspecting you're talking to a shop that doesn't powder coat!

B26, I drilled 3 holes for the 696 mounting plate. I doubt the concern expressed is valid. Google "powder coating durability" and see what you read. I'm suspecting you're talking to a shop that doesn't powder coat!

Yep, they don't powder coat and this certainly could explain why they took the stance. They did say if i was dead set on it, they could send it out. As we all know, modifications are always a possibility and if it does cause more issues, I would go the paint route. You have any major changes made? Like cutting a new hole for a new toy?

Yep, they don't powder coat and this certainly could explain why they took the stance. They did say if i was dead set on it, they could send it out. As we all know, modifications are always a possibility and if it does cause more issues, I would go the paint route. You have any major changes made? Like cutting a new hole for a new toy?

I have not had to cut a hole but Robbie assures me it will not be a problem. As I mentioned, I drilled 3 holes with a hand drill - no sign of chipping. I used to have powder coating done on furniture components and I have a friend @ Hickory Springs where they do all kinds of parts. I am sure your guy is blowing smoke. What can be worse than paint?!

I have not had to cut a hole but Robbie assures me it will not be a problem. As I mentioned, I drilled 3 holes with a hand drill - no sign of chipping. I used to have powder coating done on furniture components and I have a friend @ Hickory Springs where they do all kinds of parts. I am sure your guy is blowing smoke. What can be worse than paint?!

I would have had my old yokes powder coated but the shop advised that that was not advisable due to the heat involved and the possible degradation of the polymer the yoke is made from. But powder coating metal is a no brainer if the part can be removed and if it can withstand the heat of the setting process.