Pre-buy recommendations for Phoenix area

Hambone

Its 3517N and its on Trade a plane,and of course globalplanesearch.  It actually was the subject of quite a lengthy thread on here about a year ago.  It was going to be parted out bt its owner before the current one.  It was saved and now is up for sale again.  It has all the right stuff, I just want to avoid any big "Gotchas".  Any info anyone has would be appreciated.

Hey, I just noticed you are in Vegas as well.  You at VGT?, HND? or Boulder City?  I am lookinfg for a good instructor (prefer one with Mooney experience) to get some dual time in for the insurance sign off and also by Bi-annual.  I took a couple years off from flying so I need to get back on the horse so to speak.  Any help there would be awesome ! 

Executive Aircraft Maintenance, or Glendale Aero Services. KGEU. Doing a full Annual inspection is a good thing if its close to its Calendar date. Items can be missed during a PPI. With an Annual the signature behind it can cover it all!!

-Matt

Hey, I just noticed you are in Vegas as well.  You at VGT?, HND? or Boulder City?  I am lookinfg for a good instructor (prefer one with Mooney experience) to get some dual time in for the insurance sign off and also by Bi-annual.  I took a couple years off from flying so I need to get back on the horse so to speak.  Any help there would be awesome ! 

I have a shade hangar at VGT. I was working on my IFR ticket with Jeremy at Elite Aviation for a while but I've fallen off the horse and it's been some time since my last lesson.

I know Monarch Sky has a J for rent down at HND and with all the mods on the F your looking at the performance is probably similar. You might have better luck finding someone with lots of Mooney time down there. 

Kelly,

No need for me...

My log book is full of their annuals. At the time of my research(3 or 4 years ago), I had seen enough negative reviews that it warranted further review.

Hence my warning of do enough research on the organization...

If this is incorrect, I would be happy to remove my comment.

Best regards,

-a-

Kelly,

No need for me...

My log book is full of their annuals. At the time of my research(3 or 4 years ago), I had seen enough negative reviews that it warranted further review.

Hence my warning of do enough research on the organization...

If this is incorrect, I would be happy to remove my comment.

Best regards,

-a-

OK, I might have misunderstood your comment. I know personally of two CHD Mooneys that used to have their annuals there, and another I helped the owner retrieve his Mooney from there. I know and like Frank and buy some parts there. That is about all I will say in public.

If the plane is at Deer Valley - KDVT - I recommend Dave Munsey. He has done my last 3 annuals and has made an investment into the special tools needed for working on Mooneys. You can find his contact information on the City of Phoenix- Deer Valley airport webpage under the approved vendors listing.  I understand that Ken Tekut has recently retired from working on aircraft.

Mooney82Q

If the plane is at Deer Valley - KDVT - I recommend Dave Munsey. He has done my last 3 annuals and has made an investment into the special tools needed for working on Mooneys. You can find his contact information on the City of Phoenix- Deer Valley airport webpage under the approved vendors listing.  I understand that Ken Tekut has recently retired from working on aircraft.

Mooney82Q

Do you have Dave's contact info?