TFR Violation

PTK

The purpose of stadium TFRs is not security.  It is to get rid of banner towing planes.....

Precisely, so we have allowed the veil of security to prevail over BS corporations.  Having spent 3 years as a banner pilot, I think its a crying shame that this legislation is even allowed to exist.  The only thing we have proven is that the government (which I fly for) can be bought, but no surprise there.  

On the flip side had we thought about this realistically rather than point out every possible target with a spotlight, no fighter guy in the world is going to do anything, minus the presence of certain politicians, to stop it.  The collateral damage of shooting something down around any city in America is astonishing! Besides by the time I would be cleared to fire, get the missile rail, and it reached its target, the target would be a smoking hole 10 minutes over.  

The stadium TFR needs to be abolished, plain and simple.  Treat it like a wildlife refugee where overflight is highly discouraged but wasting valuable resources on trying to enforce these BS TFR is a grotesque waste of tax dollars, preying on innocent airmen.

• Like 3

Not that it effects me much, but while they're at it, get rid of the stupid Disneyland TFRs too. I know of no other corporation that has successfully exploited a national tragedy for the sole purpose of getting rid of "those noisy damn little airplanes". That and advertising in sight of a Disney customer without Disney permission and a Disney payment.  

• Like 2

I hate the VIP TFR. I run into them all the time. You can traverse most of them with an IFR flight plan but many lock down t/o and landings at a field for a certain time. When Obama through the first pitch at the World Series the TFR was so damn complicated, I don't know how anyone figured it out. These TFR's only serve to tell the bad guys where and when a soft target will be. Totally stupid in my opinion. 

Didn't they expand the Camp David airspace indicating he was there when secretly, Bush flew to Iraq to be with the troop on Thanksgiving?

-Seth