EAA Oshkosh July 26-August 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, I'm part of the volunteer group for the Green Gang and have been involved for the past 4 years. This group runs the communications for the week. We are the 2-story building on the front row next to entrance of Aero Shell Square. I generally show up 3 days in advance for all the set up then sit back and enjoy all the aircraft arrivals while monitoring the sound equipment till about 2:00PM every day. I was hoping that my 77 M20 J would be ready this year, but I think I will have to defer to next year.

Eldon Gjesdal

1977 M20 J  "jezzie"

post-1429-13468138187713_thumb.jpg

post-1429-13468138189323_thumb.jpg

post-1429-13468138190115_thumb.jpg

post-1429-13468138191132_thumb.jpg

post-1429-13468138191436_thumb.jpg

post-1429-13468138191759_thumb.jpg

post-1429-13468138192049_thumb.jpg

post-1429-13468138192349_thumb.jpg

Hello Everyone, I'm part of the volunteer group for the Green Gang and have been involved for the past 4 years. This group runs the communications for the week. We are the 2-story building on the front row next to entrance of Aero Shell Square. I generally show up 3 days in advance for all the set up then sit back and enjoy all the aircraft arrivals while monitoring the sound equipment till about 2:00PM every day. I was hoping that my 77 M20 J would be ready this year, but I think I will have to defer to next year.

Eldon Gjesdal

1977 M20 J  "jezzie"

This will be my first trip to Oshkosh so I'm not sure what to expect. Will there be a Mooney section or do planes just park depending on their arrival sequence?

Is the caravan area a good place to hang out in the evenings for some Mooney talk? Are folks friendly enough to invite complete strangers into a campfire?

Hi Steven, Mitch and I will be there all week.  We had a great time getting to know the Caravan folks a few years back.  There is a "hospitality" tent and folks just having fun!  There is so much to do at Airventure.  Make sure to bring your Mooney shirt and/or hat. And look for the Mooney Ambassadors on the schedule.  Mitch and I would love to have you in the audience, and maybe was can all have an impromptu gathering that night....

Registration for the 13th edition of the Mooney Caravan to EAA Airventure is now open at the Caravan site, www.mooneycaravan.com.  Go to the web site and click on Register.

The Mooney Caravan will depart from Madison, Wisconsin on Saturday, July 24th at 4pm, destination Oshkosh.  The Caravan is a unique opportunity to have a safe arrival at the convention site and to enjoy the easy camaraderie of fellow Mooney pilots during the convention.  The Caravan is a well organized non-formation flight requiring basic station keeping skills. We limit the size of the Caravan to 50 aircraft. Minimum required experience is 500 hours of flight time, an instrument rating, and recent Mooney experience. There is a mandatory briefing on Saturday at 1pm.  

Many (if not most) Caravan participants camp at the common Mooney parking area in the North 40 near the approach end of runway 9, and generally quite close to the North 40 shower building. However, camping is strictly optional if participants have other accommodations. Scheduled social events include the Mooney Barbeque on Sunday July 25th. And of course, the MAPA tent is the center for daytime rendezvous and the best cold lemonade on the convention grounds!

Many planes not from the Midwest arrive at Madison on Friday (July 23) and spend the night at a designated hotel with a reduced rate and participate in a group dinner at a local restaurant. Madison transportation is provided by the hotel. Also, for the stylish among you, Caravan apparel is available for purchase on the web site.   

Detailed information about the Caravan is located on the Caravan Web site. Make plans to participate in this high-point of the aviation year in the company of your fellow Mooney friends.