Outside Air Temperature Guage (OAT)

AlanA

The Davtron M803 OAT, Clock and Voltage meter works well for me in the panel of the "C".  I wanted a voltmeter in plain view and the M803 displays voltage clearly.    The M803 would not fit into the spot in the yoke where the original 1965 "8 day" clock sat as the Davtron is deeper.    

I've also got the Davtron M655 and love it.  Got it cheap (~$150) and installed myself under supervision.  Whatever you get, take the time to put the probe in the correct location, which is under the wing, outboard of the main gear.  We've covered this a lot so you can search up past topics here.

If you have a JPI or GEM engine monitor, you can get a probe and display OAT there. I'm having a new windshield installed and that's what I'm doing.

Gary -- do you know if the OAT is considered a required piece of equipment (I don't have my manual handy) and is primary? I think it is probably only required, like the clock, for IFR flights. I have OAT on both my Aspen and JPI. Would certainly love to lose the one in the glass.

It will make me just that much faster to stay ahead of Mike (201er) in his J.