Airplane Jacking Procedures

PTK

Just now, DonMuncy said:

And semi elegant.

Just semi? My A&P is jealous. My Harbor Freight dolly rolls easier than his and I'm really proud of the swivel clevis gismo that fit a length of old steel tubing perfectly. (Embedded "T" on the bottom.)  

Just now, Bob_Belville said:

Just semi? My A&P is jealous. My Harbor Freight dolly rolls easier than his and I'm really proud of the swivel clevis gismo that fit a length of old steel tubing perfectly. (Embedded "T" on the bottom.)  

Maybe I should have added a smiley.

I think full elegant is a ring embedded in the floor. But yours is nice. Do you have to polish your tub. :) 

• Like 1

Just now, DonMuncy said:

Maybe I should have added a smiley.

I think full elegant is a ring embedded in the floor. But yours is nice. Do you have to polish your tub. :) 

Naw, galvanized from a farm supply store. Ring in the floor is good but my A&P borrows my portable version. And my fixed height holds the tail up as well as down which makes the plane really stable while we climb on and off during annual.

I screw in a bolt into the hangar floor to attach a piece of 2 x 4 wood stand when jacking the plane. It works very well with no room taken by the stand. It keeps the plane steady level when you get inside. When done with the annual the stand is easily remove from the floor by removing the attaching nut.

José

Rear Stand.JPG

• Like 2

On 4/20/2017 at 10:12 AM, Hank said:

My last two annuals, I've stacked cases of oil and tool rolls across the stabilizer. Holds it pretty well.

I'd be a bit afraid of climbing in and out of the plane to do the swing with that though. As the plane rocks you don't want stuff slipping off, especially with the gear up.

-Robert

55 minutes ago, RobertGary1 said:

I'd be a bit afraid of climbing in and out of the plane to do the swing with that though. As the plane rocks you don't want stuff slipping off, especially with the gear up.

-Robert

I hold it steady while the IA is under it; he holds it study for me.