Silicone fuel cap seals

Silvertown

BTW blue flourosilicone o-rings are standard on the bladder fuel caps. If you have the stock fuel caps,  you can get them as detailed in this article. The bladder cap o-rings are a special o-ring and are from Spruce or O&N for 110$.

http://www.csobeech.com/fuel-caps.html

Then you'd have a leaky fuel cap just over year into the Zombie Apocalypse. This way, you won't need a new gasket for 20+ years. Assuming the freeze dried food and ammo hold out that long, you'd be laughing at the fools who bought the regular version.

• Like 1

Are we going to have to educate the IAs who have been reading that AD as requiring annual inspections of the fuel caps. Or will they continue to disassemble the caps and inspect the blue "O" rings. That would involve the same costs, except for the relatively small cost of the old "O" rings.

I had the same question and posted about it 6 months or so ago. Search for the post. Many people posted exactly the information I needed including part numbers. Only cost a few bucks. it was very helpful. I replaced the seals on both fuel caps in about 40 mins. It is super easy. Next time it will only take me 20 mins.

• 3 years later...
On 9/8/2013 at 2:34 PM, jetdriven said:

BTW blue flourosilicone o-rings are standard on the bladder fuel caps. If you have the stock fuel caps,  you can get them as detailed in this article. The bladder cap o-rings are a special o-ring and are from Spruce or O&N for 110$.

http://www.csobeech.com/fuel-caps.html

If someone comes across this thread I have a Very small detail. I just bought these gaskets from this guy and the cotter pins were to big for the hole in my stud. Take that as you want.... but luckily my a&p had ones that would fit.