AOPA Opinion Leaders Blog

mooneygirl

Any insight to why memory seems to be more of a challenge with age? Anything we can do hold off the challenge?

Best regards,

-a-

One of the worst things about aging is you can't remember if you just said something, or not.

One of the worst things about aging is you can't remember if you just said something, or not.

• Like 1

Excellent work as always Jolie! One great article! Thank you!

I will assign this as required reading to my wife and other women I know.

I especially like this:

"...Women, on average use four words to every one word a man uses..."

This has to be a low average! There's not one woman I know who doesn't talk too much including my wife!

I tell her on occasion, but she calls it "communicating!"

Go figure!

• 2 months later...

Here is the latest installment for the Opinion Leaders Blog:  Here's my latest blog for AOPA Opinion Leaders: http://blog.aopa.org/opinionleaders/?p=1077

I especially liked the comment on last month's part one. Lights and Flights... this is something a lot of us could do. Check it out. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

thanks Jolie, it is always nice to hear about the human element. 

This makes me think that it might be nice to also hear about the plane. What did it have to endure on this trip? Mooney could do some marketing. ..... "Reliable and dependable..... anywhere in the world".

Cruiser/Tom:

The airplane was purchased by Mooney International and flown to China. It has been used extensively in promotions over there.  I believe that the only real mod was the long range fuel tanks.  If I remember correctly Jack carried an extra battery as well.  The plane performed without a hiccup.  Mooney's speed, efficiency and safety features were what convinced Jack [and his family] to purchase the Ovation for the trip. 

When you think that his longest leg was over ELEVEN hours.... geez...  For that Momma to trust that airplane to carry her young son.  Wow.

Info not available.....

The O is a nice choice for these kind of flights...

Our O came from the factory with 100+ gallons and 2 batteries. If Jack added to that, that would be impressive...

Just add FIKI w/ the second alternator....

Just my opinion,

-a-

• 1 month later...

Here is my latest Opinion Leaders Blog for AOPA with, as the Beatles said, "A little help from my friends." Actually a lot of help from my friends. A Shout Out and thank you to Robert Goyer, JJ Greenway, Joe Ebert, Dan Pimentel, Mark Grady, Jim Koepnick and Jamie Beckett. Aviation makes the world a small place. Thank you for helping me, and shedding light on an important topic. http://blog.aopa.org/opinionleaders/?p=1664

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I flew down the San Luis last week for our ECI inspection while Eric worked on the plane we wandered over to the restaurant for lunch and did have to be let back into the ramp area and I had to show them my PPL. We spent a bit of time looking around and were never approached by any one about what we were doing. I think its a good idea to have reasonable security and as long as you make arrangement you should be able to gain access. A few years back we flew to Santa Rosa for an AOPA seminar that was hosted by the jet center there. We made no reservations and were parked right near the hangar and enjoyed the gathering. A pilot friend drove down for the same event and since they had not made reservations were not permitted in even though he presented his PPL. My home field has zero security and occasionally we do get some break ins so I would not mind some security there.

I think the big difference is if you fly in you belong in and I like that.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...