AOPA Opinion Leaders Blog

mooneygirl

I am thrilled to be writing along with nine other industry leaders.  I hope that we, as a Mooney family, will continue to Fly it Forward and promote aviation, Mooney, and protect airports.

http://blog.aopa.org/opinionleaders/2013/09/04/gold-in-the-gold-country-an-example-of-fly-it-forward/#comment-675

• Like 4

You guys and gals are SO nice.  Thanks.  We are all volunteers writing for the blog.  You are much nicer than the guy on the AOPA Red Board who ripped me a new one because he doesn't like the title of the blog.  HA.

Oh well, you can imagine how crabby he would be if he saw how beautiful my M20E is!  Drool. 

• Like 2

You guys and gals are SO nice.  Thanks.  We are all volunteers writing for the blog.  You are much nicer than the guy on the AOPA Red Board who ripped me a new one because he doesn't like the title of the blog.  HA.

Oh well, you can imagine how crabby he would be if he saw how beautiful my M20E is!  Drool. 

Well, that is the reputation the Red Board has. I find the Blue board about the same. I come here for a rest from the snapping vipers. Congrats on the new project. I'm not sure what it's really about, but best of luck with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is the latest installment of the Opinion Leaders blog for AOPA: 

Where.... I know I am getting old and my sight is failing but......... just maybe there is no link here! LOL

I for one would be interested in reading it!  

Yea I know I could go over to AOPA and find it but what fun would that be..... not being able to give someone a hard time!!

Thanks

Jolie, Good article.  The three things I like most:

#1 We all have so much to be thankful, especially those of us fortunate to be in the GA world.

#2 I am appreciative of your attitude and generalization of / towards the GA populous in that it is a family (not always perfect, not always friendly but always family)

#3 There is much we could and should do if only we would each do a little things would be so much better for all of us!

I also liked how you emphasized that there is real VALUE in GA not just a recreation!

Keep up the good work!

Hope to see you in the spring,

Fly Safe & hope you and yours have a great, safe Thanksgiving.

Lacee

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here is my latest installment for the AOPA Opinion Leaders Blog:  http://blog.aopa.org/opinionleaders/?p=594&preview=true

I think we would be wise to consider fraternity and sorority members as volunteers at our aviation events. Heck having 30 plus college boys at the event didn't offend me at all!

Nice write up Jolie.

Out of everything I did, I received the most satisfaction from Mercy Med Flights, transporting indigent patients to medical care.  One particular kid, was a particularly difficult flight really stood out for me.  I happened to be unemployed at the time, and while waiting at the airport for them to return from the hospital, was working on mailing out resumes and searching for jobs.  Mom kinda snuck up on me and figured out what I was doing and was dumbfounded that I would even still be doing those flights.  One of the apps I mailed from that day led to a 10 yr career with an employer, that eventually led to my current career.

Another flight was one of the most awesome aviation experiences I ever encountered.

• Like 2

Here is my latest installment for the AOPA Opinion Leaders Blog: http://blog.aopa.org/opinionleaders/?p=594&preview=true

I think we would be wise to consider fraternity and sorority members as volunteers at our aviation events. Heck having 30 plus college boys at the event didn't offend me at all!

Nice article. Just noticed your profession. I thought with that skill, you would spend all of your time here. We certainly could use the help! ;)

• Like 1

Nice article. Just noticed your profession. I thought with that skill, you would spend all of your time here. We certainly could use the help! ;)

Great article Jolie. Thanks for all you do to promote not only Mooney, but GA. My sweetie is also therapist with a specialty in AD (aviation disease) related behavior. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my latest blog for AOPA:  http://blog.aopa.org/opinionleaders/2014/01/15/lighting-up-the-brain-for-aviation/

Hope you enjoy it.  I also hope that in 2014 we can inspire lots of females to get their ticket!

Once again Great Job...

Need to get back with Jan and see what what we can work out towards pinch hit activity at the spring reunuin!

Fly safe

Regarding  Pinch Hitter.  Jan Maxwell and myself will be teaching a pinch hitter course at MAPA convention in Kerrville April 10-13.  So mark your calendars.

One of the better things you can do for your brain/memory is to decrease stress [which decreases corticosteroids and free radicals] and to keep mentally active. 

• Like 1

Regarding  Pinch Hitter.  Jan Maxwell and myself will be teaching a pinch hitter course at MAPA convention in Kerrville April 10-13.  So mark your calendars.

One of the better things you can do for your brain/memory is to decrease stress [which decreases corticosteroids and free radicals] and to keep mentally active. 

Thank you and Mrs. Jan too.  I committed to Jan that I would help in any way, please let me know what I can do to assist.  Jolie, please PM me if there is anything you think of that I can help with or provide.

Lacee