Ashamed of Mooneyspace (Poll)

201er

65 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ashamed of the fighting on Mooneyspace lately?

• Yes, cut it out, take it outside
    • No, I like stirring up a fight or watching one

I've tried to be quiet here. I am a member of Navitus (no, you will not find our website) which is made of a group of doctors, engineers, physicists, attorneys, and some really smart people who are passionate in their opinions. We meet about six times a year to debate social issues, someone!s scientific paper, new forms of art, and politics. These debates are more than animated and spirited, and one can see how deeply the various opinions are held. Our purpose is to investigate the various positions, and while we are free to attack ideas, no one attacks the members themselves. It is all self regulated, We believe in comity between individuals, although the beliefs, positions, and opinions are free to vigorous debate using our allotted time to speak. In over twenty years of our existence I have never seen anything like the venom expressed in this thread. The only reason I read, and occasionally post something is because I am always open to learning more about aviation in general, and Mooneys in particular. After flying for more than thirty years, and about twenty in Mooneys, I think I can sometimes answer a question, or make some contribution to the group. I am glad to see that there have been some retractions and apologies, as I was ready to abandon Mooeyspace.com. It's not that I am a prude. I just think this is an aviation forum, and the really raunchy and offensive humor can be handled by emails and PMs.

Thank you Bennet.  

No one commented on my suggestion that we move to officially make our posting identities to be our natural names just like does Beechtalk.  I think this would be a substantive change that would help a bit.

I really don't understand what the difference is and how it would help. Will that deter the individual from reacting poorly to something someone else says? Jamie has the most commonsense answer to this "dilemma", if you don't like the topic don't follow it. Call it a "pro-choice" approach...

• Like 1

I log onto this website to learn what others know about our aircraft, and to share resources as Mooney owners.  As a resource, I do not enjoy sifting through alot nof bantering and fighting about nothing.  We should keep this site focused on the reasons for its existence.  It is OK to have some socializing, but the bulk of the site should be aircraft and Mooney specific and be of benefit to Mooney owners.

Life is just too short.

John Breda

I really don't understand what the difference is and how it would help. Will that deter the individual from reacting poorly to something someone else says? Jamie has the most commonsense answer to this "dilemma", if you don't like the topic don't follow it. Call it a "pro-choice" approach...

I could not agree more with this. I seriously just don't get a lot of what is said regarding individuals sensitivities. People are not going to buy your used Mooney because of something that is said on this site? Get real people.

I am going to make a lot of you very happy....I will simply follow from this point forward. I do agree that life is too short to let a HLD bait me. I have zero regrets on any and all posts that I have made on this site.

May you all have kinder more gentle "Happy" Mooney talk. May you all go forward in peace and harmony.

Scott Thompson

Wow, I am sorry I missed all the drama.  Maybe the best thing to do is end this thread and have the other deleted.  Let's face it, sometimes people get hot under the collar and a forum debate gets out of hand.   Let's just move on because this really is pretty rare on Mooneyspace and the information and exchange of experiences with Mooney aircraft is really valuable.  Let's all just move on.....nothing more to see here......or as Rodney King said, "Can't we all just get along?!?!?".

• Like 1

Note I did NOT start this thread as a continuation of the other one. Heck it wasn't even driven by that specific one but rather by the fact that this was like the 3rd uncivilized and eventually locked thread in the last few months. I did not want to figure out who was right and who was wrong or discuss that topic at all. I just want people to take the nonsense elsewhere. I love the debate and arguing over Mooney stuff. But things that have nothing to do with it catching personal insults on top of that is just annoying. And you can't help ignoring it because in order to find relevant discussions you inevitably have to sort past the junk.

Note I did NOT start this thread as a continuation of the other one. Heck it wasn't even driven by that specific one but rather by the fact that this was like the 3rd uncivilized and eventually locked thread in the last few months. I did not want to figure out who was right and who was wrong or discuss that topic at all. I just want people to take the nonsense elsewhere. I love the debate and arguing over Mooney stuff. But things that have nothing to do with it catching personal insults on top of that is just annoying. And you can't help ignoring it because in order to find relevant discussions you inevitably have to sort past the junk.

You are very right lets go back to LOP or ROP and forget about girls.

....this was like the 3rd uncivilized and eventually locked thread in the last few months..... And you can't help ignoring it because in order to find relevant discussions you inevitably have to sort past the junk.

I just bristle at every time I read the title of your thread, Mike, and believe it's terribly demeaning of the amazing amount of help and information Mooneyspace people provide, many times to new visitors, asking redundant questions and getting them graciously answered. What are newbees to think with seeing the questioned asked, are you ashamed of MooneySpace?

That isn't you stated issue in the first place, is it? As I pointed out several times, the construction of polls is a science in itself and if not done with care, consultation, and forethought, proves little if anything and highlights the bias of the person starting the poll. While you may not agree, please give at least some consideration to posting a poll, and the impact it has.

Passing over a thread you find distasteful, vulgar, uninteresting, or just irrelevant is quite simple, and as it disintegrates, you don't have to worry about missing important information or becoming offended. Just ignore it.

With :wub: , Gary

• Like 1

....this was like the 3rd uncivilized and eventually locked thread in the last few months..... And you can't help ignoring it because in order to find relevant discussions you inevitably have to sort past the junk. I just bristle at every time I read the title of your thread, Mike, and believe it's terribly demeaning of the amazing amount of help and information Mooneyspace people provide, many times to new visitors, asking redundant questions and getting them graciously answered. What are newbees to think with seeing the questioned asked, are you ashamed of MooneySpace? That isn't you stated issue in the first place, is it? As I pointed out several times, the construction of polls is a science in itself and if not done with care, consultation, and forethought, proves little if anything and highlights the bias of the person starting the poll. While you may not agree, please give at least some consideration to posting a poll, and the impact it has. Passing over a thread you find distasteful, vulgar, uninteresting, or just irrelevant is quite simple, and as it disintegrates, you don't have to worry about missing important information or becoming offended. Just ignore it. With :wub: , Gary
You never give me that much love :(

Passing over a thread you find distasteful, vulgar, uninteresting, or just irrelevant is quite simple, and as it disintegrates, you don't have to worry about missing important information or becoming offended. Just ignore it.

YEP!

• Like 1

I have been up north for a week away from the internet and have just come back to this?????. I authored the Gulfstream Girl thread, because she made herself a Facebook phenomenon and did some good for GA. And her presence at OSH was pretty good. Another debacle, another locked thread with Becca and Byron at the center of it.

And Mike (201'er), you have recently colluded personal attacks on a Mooneyspace individual lately (via a selective e-mail thread) on the one hand, and on the other, you have appointed yourself moral compass repairman for Mooneyspace, authoring this latest attempt at leadership. This is utterly laughable. Why don't you guys go flying?

John Pleisse

• Like 3

I have been up north for a week away from the internet and have just come back to this?????. I authored the Gulfstream Girl thread, because she made herself a Facebook phenomenon and did some good for GA. And her presence at OSH was pretty good. Another debacle, another locked thread with Becca and Byron at the center of it.

And Mike (201'er), you have recently colluded personal attacks on a Mooneyspace individual lately (via a selective e-mail thread) on the one hand, and on the other, you have appointed yourself moral compass repairman for Mooneyspace, authoring this latest attempt at leadership. This is utterly laughable. Why don't you guys go flying?

John Pleisse

Can Mike (Moral compass locator) be substituted with D.M.E. .....

• Like 1

John Pleisse

Thanks, John, for holding up child molesters as role models.  I, for one, will not go along with that.

I've gotten ~30 hours of Mooney flying in the last 3 weeks and haven't been as active on Mooneyspace.  I'll echo the suggestion that some folks back away from the keyboard and go exercise that wonderful blessing in our lives that brought us here in the first place, and maybe the sniping will go away...

• Like 3

I've gotten ~30 hours of Mooney flying in the last 3 weeks and haven't been as active on Mooneyspace.  I'll echo the suggestion that some folks back away from the keyboard and go exercise that wonderful blessing in our lives that brought us here in the first place, and maybe the sniping will go away...

Speaking of, you going to give us a PIREP of your trip out east (or did I miss it)? You never called! :(