MOONEY PARTS AND ACCESSORIES

• 1 year later...

Aircraft spruce for non specific supplies. I order all my mooney specific parts from LASAR in Cali  . Prices are ok a little higher on some things but they make up for it in customer service and all around help and knowledge . Most times they know what your looking for and part number /availability before you finish the conversation. Not to mention you can get all the mooney specific tools from them.

Lasar for mooney specific parts or rebuilt assemblies. Aircraft spruce for anything else. Sky geek is some kid in his parents basement. They drop ship everything and you find out a week after u ordered if that it will be another month.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that putting all eggs in same basket (buying everything from one place) can be more costly than it needs to be.

Finding the best possible price for something and doing some negotiating can pay off.

Example: When I purchased the Orion 650E ACL/NAV lights I found them on a site called teamaerodynamyx for 430$while Spruce had them for 451$.

I called Spruce and had them match the price with free shipping and no restocking fee if I needed to return them.

It may not sound like much but 40$ buys almost 10 gallons 100LL!

As for oil it's best to find it locally, as Ross said, due to shipping. Occasionally though if you keep your eyes open you can find some promotion and stock up. A couple weeks ago someone on here found a deal for Aeroshell 15W50 at Keller Heartt for 5% off on top of free shipping!

I ordered two cases from them. I'm set with oil for the rest of the year and into spring next year.