Mooney Aircraft to Resume Production in 2014

Mooney Aircraft is cautiously optimistic as it prepares to resume production. Faced with excess inventory at the onset of the economic downturn, Mooney halted production in November 2008 and furloughed all but 60 of its employees. Mooney is now taking deposits on 2014 models, providing some indication the manufacturer expects there will be enough demand to warrant restarting production by the end of this year.

(The above was plagiarized and slightly modified from this source. My apologies to the original author. But I wanted this APRIL FOOLS joke to sound plausible so I stole it.)

I received an email from them saying I will be getting the first demo plane off of the new production line. And free AvGas for the 1 year demo I signed up for. And they told me if I liked the plane, I can buy the first one off of the line for 1 penny with life time maintenance thrown in. Just awesome!