• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bradp

bradp

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hi All,

I want to run my cylinder #3 CHT probe from a JPI 730 as a bayonet instread of a spark plug washer gasket.   I understand the best way to do this in order to keep the original indicator operational is to piggyback the JPI and original bayonet using the JPI 5050-A adapter.  I called over to JPI today, who said that they stopped making that probe.

Does anyone have an extra 5050A that they are willing to sell or know where to get a hold of them.  

The other option would be to use the boss with a JPI bayonet and use a gasket with the original red line pane guage.  The issue is that the original guage uses a single wire resistor type temp probe and that this would in all likelihood require a 337 to keep it legal.  

Thanks and take care,

Brad

#2 jetdriven

jetdriven

Won't Leave!

• Members
  • 5,804 posts
  • Locationtexas
  • Model:1977 M20J

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Brad, we used a Type K 3/8" washer thermocouple under the factory probe.  It reads about 50 low of actual CHT, but feeds the monitor and keeps the factory CHT.  Instead of a threaded thing like the 5050A, its a washer unde the factory probe.

I have an extra. PM me.

#3 Cris

Cris

Won't Leave!

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBrigantine, NJ
  • Reg #:N20098
  • Model:M20S Screamin' Eagle ATP, CFII, AGI

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

Brad I believe I have a new one. Just checked and it is new although I did take it out of the package to inspect it.  Sent you a PM. Cris 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users