Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bradp

JPI CHT probe 5050-A

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I want to run my cylinder #3 CHT probe from a JPI 730 as a bayonet instread of a spark plug washer gasket.   I understand the best way to do this in order to keep the original indicator operational is to piggyback the JPI and original bayonet using the JPI 5050-A adapter.  I called over to JPI today, who said that they stopped making that probe.

Does anyone have an extra 5050A that they are willing to sell or know where to get a hold of them.  

The other option would be to use the boss with a JPI bayonet and use a gasket with the original red line pane guage.  The issue is that the original guage uses a single wire resistor type temp probe and that this would in all likelihood require a 337 to keep it legal.  

Thanks and take care,

Brad

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Brad, we used a Type K 3/8" washer thermocouple under the factory probe.  It reads about 50 low of actual CHT, but feeds the monitor and keeps the factory CHT.  Instead of a threaded thing like the 5050A, its a washer unde the factory probe.

I have an extra. PM me.

Brad I believe I have a new one. Just checked and it is new although I did take it out of the package to inspect it.  Sent you a PM. Cris