Mooney crash in NY area

Sad to say that Patrick Sheridan from this board and one other died in his Mooney.  One other injured.

http://citizensvoice.com/news/plane-crash-victims-were-aviation-students-1.1313369#axzz1uV5ODZfw

I hadn't met him in person, but did talk to him on the phone a couple times giving him some shop advice.

Fly safe, fellas.

Jolie and I spent some quality time with Patrick during his paint process at Artcraft Painting.  I have to say I gasped when I read your post Parker.

I believe Jolie just spoke to Patrick a couple of days ago.  This is very, very sad.

I am sorry for his family............and just speechless right now.

I'm very sorry for this loss.  I never posted to one of Patrick's threads or had him post to mine.  Still, I know we had a lot in common and he died doing something we both loved; flying.

We all share a risky hobby/avocation.  Like it or not, that is the truth.  There is never the opportunity for complacency or carelessness though those faults come naturally and without invitation.

If there is any good to come from this, it will be that we all take a moment to realize that aviation is simply not a forgiving endeavor, and if the odds line up against you, the outcome will not be good.

I'm sorry Patrick and I'm sorry for the loved ones you left behind.

Fly safe people.  Fly safe knowing that it is you, not the airplane or the systems that is your greatest asset.  It is your judgement, your preparation, and yes, your skills no matter how limited they may be.

Jgreen

OMG!!!

Patrick had become a good friend of mine.  He wanted to become a professional pilot and we spoke, texted, emailed frequently.  He was such a soft spoken genuine guy.  My kids adored him and couldn't wait for his visits.  He was building time flying his beloved Mooney around and would come visit us on occasion.  We are sadened beyond belief and praying for his mother to somehow get through this.  Patrick was a good pilot, more proficient in the Mooney than I'll ever be, so I can't imagine what happened?  This is just terrible!

Patrick I will surely miss you my friend!!

This truly is the most terrible thing I have read on here. I didn't know Patrick in person. But like many in this digital age, I corresponded with him several times by PM and we replied back and forth to many of each other's posts.  I ran inot him at the MAPA convention but do not remember him specifically. He seemed really knowedgable, sharp, and eager to learn.  But this is avation, and for all the talk about how safe it is, I sure have a lot of friends who are not with us anymore.

It's truly sad he is gone, but let's find out the cause and learn from it. That's the least worst outcome. I wish the best for his loved ones and friends. Tailwinds, Patrick. You will be missed by all who knew you.

I am devastated by this.  Patrick and I shared a lot of PMs while we were both getting our Mooney's painted, his at ArtCraft and mine at Straube's.  We had talked about getting together in the southeast since we both had family members in MS.  I will miss him very much.  He was very genuine and totally unpretentious.  A terrible loss for all who were touched by his life.

What a lovely person Patrick was.  We were just talking about where to stay in Fredrickberg for the MAPA convention.  He was a guest in our home and just such a bright light and very kind person.  I met him at MAPA in Kerrville, what a loss for his family and our Mooney family.  Tail winds Patrick.

High Flight

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth

And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth

Of sun-split clouds...and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of...wheeled and soared and swung

High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,

I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung

My eager craft through footless halls of air.

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue

I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace

Where never lark, or even eagle flew.

And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

I am just at a loss for words. The first time I met Patrick was when we moved our fly-in to Lancaster just so there would be a TV at the restaurant cause Patrick would not miss the Giants game. Another time we had a fly-in at South Jersey Regional and I flew to Republic to pick him up cause his plane was out for service. We flew together in my plane there and back. Another time he invited me out to take a ride in his after it was just freshly painted. We flew over Long Island Sound to get dinner at Oxford. He was just going to use the auto pilot anyway so instead he let me fly his bird. He was such a nice guy. I just can't believe we won't be seeing him for another NJ Mooney Fly in!

I was devastated to read of Patrick's death. I met him when he stopped through Dallas on his way back to NY after having his plane painted. He was a very engaging young man with an insatiable curiosity about all things aviation and especially Mooneys. He and I e-mailed each other numerous times in the last few months and we had made plans to meet again in Dallas in a couple of months. He will be sorely missed.

Quote: Parker_Woodruff

Sad to say that Patrick Sheridan from this board and one other died in his Mooney.  One other injured.

http://citizensvoice.com/news/plane-crash-victims-were-aviation-students-1.1313369#axzz1uV5ODZfw

I hadn't met him in person, but did talk to him on the phone a couple times giving him some shop advice.

Fly safe, fellas.

Quote: Mitch

Jolie and I spent some quality time with Patrick during his paint process at Artcraft Painting.  I have to say I gasped when I read your post Parker.

I believe Jolie just spoke to Patrick a couple of days ago.  This is very, very sad.

I am sorry for his family............and just speechless right now.

Oh my God!! No!! Tell me this isn't true! No it can't be! Not Patrick, we just spoke on Wed about Toys for Kids at Cape May.  His voice mail is still on my phone! I'm very shocked and speechless. A very sad event.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am a 1,000 winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sun on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled light
I am the soft star that shines at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there; I did not die.
-Anonymous

As a newbie pilot I haven't had that much interaction with Patrick on these boards but I'm sure he would've helped answer questions like everyone else on this wonderful site. Any GA pilot in my mind are like family members, no matter what we fly, we fly in one big sky together. When he passed, he passed away doing something he loved and that is flying. My condolences goes out to his family and friends.