Evolution of the Mooney Summit

mike_elliott

One of the goals of the Mooney Summit is to continually bring the best in education and social interaction to you, the Mooney pilot, owner and family member. To achieve this goal, we recognize the need to bring in new ideas, methodologies and youth. After 4 wildly successful Mooney Summit’s, the time is now to begin this process. And the process starts with bringing in a special, passionate person to our team who can fulfill these objectives to help organize the Mooney Summit V. As we older pilots’ pass the baton on to a younger generation, it is imperative the Mooney Summit, Inc. stay in touch with the needs of the younger generation. I cannot think of a better person to aid us in this quest than Seth Meyers.

Seth and I will be working closely to bring you the Mooney Summit V next Sept 29th- Oct 1st.  His ideas and recommendations will be incorporated so that the Mooney Summit will remain refreshingly new each year.

With that said, Seth Welcome! He can be reached at seth.meyers@mooneysummit.com Feel free to forward any suggestions you have for the Mooney Summit to either him or me.

• Like 2

Buster had mentioned at the end of his presentation tonight, that he may be interested in giving his presentation at The Summit (next year.)

It would be really interesting to capture some real glide ratio data from actual Mooneys.

I think it was CNOE that may have published his own data...?

The Missile would provide some interesting real world data.  (If available)

Tossing some ideas in the ring while hoping to be able next year.

Best regards,

-a-

Anthony, how about having the NJMP represented at Summit V?

Agree with having Buster's seminar, I forgot it was tonight . . . Seems like testwest did some flight testing in different regimes as part of his dissertation, although much of it was concentrating on propellers. Maybe a report on the efficiency of various propellers on Mooneynaircraft, for those in need of replacement or debating a new one for whatever reason.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2016 at 4:20 PM, rbridges said:

Alright Seth, you were already talking about missing #V because of kids.  Now you're obligated to make it!

Meghan is indeed pregnant with baby #2, due in late April.  I'll be at Mooney Summit V!

-Seth

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Seth said:

Meghan is indeed pregnant with baby #2, due in late April.  I'll be at Mooney Summit V!

-Seth

When I thought about engaging "younger" to enable the succession and insure the Mooney Summit's longevity, the virility attribute hadn't entered my mind. Congrats Seth, Meghan!. It looks like we can be working on generation 3 of attendee's already! Maybe a "back seat ready" course, or "diapers at altitude". My son and Mooney Summiit Board member Nick Elliott and his wife Mari are also expecting. Grandchild #4

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 10/30/2016 at 11:06 AM, mike_elliott said:

When I thought about engaging "younger" to enable the succession and insure the Mooney Summit's longevity, the virility attribute hadn't entered my mind. Congrats Seth, Meghan!. It looks like we can be working on generation 3 of attendee's already! Maybe a "back seat ready" course, or "diapers at altitude". My son and Mooney Summiit Board member Nick Elliott and his wife Mari are also expecting. Grandchild #4

Way to make us less fortunate jealous Mike.

• Like 1