Just bought a Mooney C

We'll folks on Wednesday I paid for N9697M a Mooney C based in Janesville, Wi. The owners seemed to have kept this airplane in good condition and we're very easy to deal with. It is now in Peoria, Il at Byerly who did a good prepurchase and is now finishing the annual. Now when it is done I get to go to Illinois, take 5 hours dual, per insurance, then fly home to Allentown, Pa. If anybody knows of someone in the area the can give dual in a C model I would appreciate the help.

Brett

• Like 2

The C is the best Mooney ever. They should have just stopped there.

Don't start, not Super...

...but I know Brett will enjoy his Mooney, congrats.

Trey Hughes at MAPA keeps a database of Mooney CFI's.

Congrats!  I'm in Philly and fly '68 C, acquired December last year.  Tom Callahan did my transition training, and I'd highly recommend him (not on the MAPA list but has worked previously as a Mooney Safety Foundation instructor, is a DPE, retired from the airlines, owned a C model until a couple years ago).  He lives in Collingswood NJ- not sure he would come as far as Allentown but probably could connect you with someone else suitable. 

...Oops just noticed you're looking for dual instruction in Peoria- still let me know if I can be of help.

The C is for Censational ... and us C owners aren't biased at all, just in love!

Congrats! (We bought our C in April 2013.)

I dont wish to derail this thread,,,   cause the C really an Censational Value!!

I really couldnt be more happy for this new owner,,,   congrats!!

But tonight I have now come closer to buying a Mooney than ever before,,,  I have a deep

excitement down in the bottom of my bones!

A C would be Censational,,,  

But I am talking about a 65 Super 21,,  It will be "E"xceptional!!!

Congrats, you will love your new to you airplane.  Patience learning the J-bar, its a bit trickier than it looks.  I love mine and am finally able to land it without drama (sometimes).

As a 90lb weakling, I was the king of J bar drama during transition training, particularly getting the thing to lock down.  Luckily it is finesse and not brutishness that is required.  I love it now.

As a 90lb weakling, I was the king of J bar drama during transition training, particularly getting the thing to lock down. Luckily it is finesse and not brutishness that is required. I love it now.

Dev came to one of our N57 fly-ins. I was able to snap a picture of him while he was here. He said that his J bar training went well. Gotta agree with him...

8770a911e22c75953d11c380c422e332.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Dev came to one of our N57 fly-ins. I was able to snap a picture of him while he was here. He said that his J bar training went well. Gotta agree with him...

8770a911e22c75953d11c380c422e332.jpg

For the record this is not me.  Worried that I had missed a key pop culture reference, I had to look it up.   Turns out it's acclaimed German arm wrestling champion Matthias Schlitte.  Whew.   

As a leftie, the J bar has merely helped me perfect my otherwise perfectly balanced physique.    

• Like 2

Congrats! 67C owner here as well for a little over 3 years. You will love it. My buddy and I fly from north Florida to Miami together often. He has a Cherokee 6. I usually let him take off first. I will get to Miami, taxi to the self serve and fill up, go inside the FBO and fill out the paperwork and get a rental car, use the restroom, chit chat with the FBO girl, and by then he will usually just taxi in. It puts a smile in my face every time (and this is the slower of the Mooneys). He always makes it a point to remind me that he was very comfortable in the spacious cabin. I say nothing but show him my fuel bill

• Like 2

I want to thank you all for all the positive replies. This is not my first airplane but I am pretty excited about getting this one. As I said before we are waiting for the annual and a couple of extras to get done by Byerly aviation in Peoria then go on out there and get my complex sign off. I found an instructor at Mt Hawley airport, at Allmond aviation, in Peoria. So thank you all again.

Brett