Puzzled in the SFRA

Those of you who fly in and around the DC SFRA/FRZ may be able to help me with this.  I was on my way home from Annapolis yesterday around noon flying NW bound through the SFRA.  I am used to this area and fly in and out of the SFRA and the FRZ (required finger printing and a background check) several times a year.  What through me was Potomac calling unverified traffic to another aircraft in the SFRA.  How is this possible?  I thought that all traffic in the SFRA was verified...

Jerry probably right or there working on new trainees I flew to Bwi on Wednedsay and had a couple targets unconfirmed to me near Swann intersection, plus had very strange departure routing out on way to Kilg..

I'm thinking sometimes they screw up and we need to be diligent to protect ourselves, I hope nothing comes from our encounters,,

I hear them all the time on guard "aircraft 5 south of Leesburg traveling northwest at 90 knots and squawking 1200 this is the U.S. Air Force. you are in a restricted area. Please leave to he west and call the XXX at xxx-xxx-xxxx. "

How would that be?  Squawk and talk is mandatory!

Handoff of coordinated traffic not complete could result in "unverified" from ATC.

Or, target is VFR near SFRA. SWANN is, for example, outside but close.

Or some doofus is squawking 1200 inside SFRA, not monitoring guard, and is about to meet an F-16.

I hear them all the time on guard "aircraft 5 south of Leesburg traveling northwest at 90 knots and squawking 1200 this is the U.S. Air Force. you are in a restricted area. Please leave to he west and call the XXX at xxx-xxx-xxxx. "

To some that would translate to dive and drive west until you get to the ridge west of Winchester, turn off transponder, then stay on the west side of ridge at or below 1200msl proceeding north to Hancock, then land. Depart within 15 mins proceed direct Chambersburg at or below 1200 msl and land. Depart within 15 mins squawking 1200 and head to base as though nothing happened.

Good luck w that Carl! Unless full throttle can give you 810kts not gonna work...neither is the terrain masking...

They do not dispatch an interceptor for every incursion. That was the point of installing the laser light warning system. Who said anything about terrain masking? There just happens to be a rather large radar dead spot northwest of DC. I've been handed off to Cleavlend a number of times before they can see me, but after Washington center has lost me. The controllers will admit that the area has poor to no coverage at altitudes below 5,000.

I was being factious about evading the Feds, but if you think that no one who has ever violated the SFRA has been caught, I think you're giving the Feds too much credit.