FYI-Bahamas, iPad, Charges

We travel to the Bahamas several times a year. We are pretty good at making sure our devices are either off, or cellular data/roaming is turned off to avoid roaming charges while over there.  I use an iPad Mini with Foreflight, etc., and just discovered that I have racked up some roaming charges just prior to landing and just around take-off time.  Last month's trip resulted in $30 of charges for cellular data use.  Would recommend turning the cellular data off for those flights, or at least turn it off for those vulnerable times on take-off and landing where you are in range of a cell tower. 

• Like 1

I have gone to the Bahamas twice recently. My carrier, AT&T sells 30 day packages if you need to use your cell phone or need to use cellular data. The cell phone won't work for calls without it. I believe the packages, which are for 30 days minimum, start at about 60 bucks