Flyaway April 2015 - @ videos

Tony__L

Two videos of our flyaway with some friends in April this year.

The first one is from inside of the cockpit and doesn't show much of the outside.  It has radio work, etc.

https://youtu.be/VacC9aNIFW4

The second one is a low level flight to a fuel stop en-route on the second day:

https://youtu.be/vGYeEpag2Mo

Please hit LIKE if you like them  :)

Sorry about the quality.  I thought I had figured out this gopro to youtube stuff, etc but I guess not  :angry:

Tony

• Like 3

its great to take a quick flight when I take my break at work.  low flight but looks like you have lots of safe choices if you had to put down.  like the music on the second vid nice groove.

OK back to work

Nice, video. One question about gravel... how do you protect your prop?

There are different ways of handling this and it depends on the particular surface you are dealing with and the runway itself.

One way is to pull the plane to a spot with as few stones as possible and then brush as many loose and small stones away from under the prop as you can.  Start up and wait for the engine to warm and do your checks and run-ups in the same spot and then taxi for takeoff.

The other way requires a lot of concentration and is risky.  Start up and taxi continuously, up and down the runway, until your engine is warm and do your checks and run-ups while taxiing.  You need to have the runway to yourself to do this and you need to keep your wits about you with respect to staying on the runway.  It helps if you have a passenger as a second set of eyes to avoid disaster.

Another question you can ask is what does a gravel runway do to your flaps . . . . and which causes more damage, landing or taking off?  ;)

• Like 1

how did you attach the gopro to bottom of plane? I sometimes get jello (shaky footage) when i attach mine, yours was very smooth. great vids!

I use the tie-down attachment thread. I had a special attatchment fitting made. One end fits the thread on the tie-down attachment on the wing and the other fits a gopro tripod mount attachment. Solid reliable attachment for the gopro (no sticky mounts, I'm too nervous to use them) and steady pictures too.

• Like 1