G1000 Altitude Alerts

I have a 2007 Ovation 3 with a G1000, without the WAAS upgrade.   I have seen u tube videos of some G1000 with audio altitude alters.  Does anyone know if this is possible on the Mooney G1000's?  I kind of feel dumb asking, but in IFR, if my G1000 has that capability, it would be great toe activate it.

Thanks for any feedback. 

Are you asking about the audio altitude alert when you set the barometric minimum decent altitude/decision height in the TMR/REF window?  You do get an audio "Minimums / Minimums" when you reach the selected altitude?  I have a 2006 Ovation 2 with WAAS and GPS700 so I'm not sure if the audio feature is just related to WAAS.

I do get the "Minimums, Minimums" alter during approaches.   I get an "audio beep" alert when I am 1000 feet from the altitude that I input.  What I am inquiring about is, for example, when I am on an approach and as the plane descends and hits 1000 AGL, an audio alert saying "1000" and at 500 AGL an alert saying "500" and so on down to 10 feet.

I know that the Meridians and Malibus have these alerts with their G1000, but the software may be a little different. 

Thanks for the replies so far.......  :)

I do get the "Minimums, Minimums" alter during approaches. I get an "audio beep" alert when I am 1000 feet from the altitude that I input. What I am inquiring about is, for example, when I am on an approach and as the plane descends and hits 1000 AGL, an audio alert saying "1000" and at 500 AGL an alert saying "500" and so on down to 10 feet.

I know that the Meridians and Malibus have these alerts with their G1000, but the software may be a little different.

Thanks for the replies so far....... :)

I'm not a G1000 owner but have flown Cessnas with them. I was under the impression that the call outs you are talking about are generated by a radar altimeter input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Aera 560 provides audio alerts during approach, it says "500" when 500ft AGL. Maybe this is what you heard.

Airline radio altimeter systems give you altitude call outs down to touch down. Handy when you are seating 20ft high when on the ground.

José

The Aera 560 provides audio alerts during approach, it says "500" when 500ft AGL. Maybe this is what you heard.Airline radio altimeter systems give you altitude call outs down to touch down. Handy when you are seating 20ft high when on the ground.José

Too true sitting inside a 777, and trying yo judge height is a difficult task indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone know how/if I can adjust the altitude alarm that on my G1K plane is giving me an alarm 1,000' before I reach an altitude when climbing and 200' before when descending (IIRC).  My G500 provided the alarms at 200' before & after and I prefer 200' to 1,000'.  THX

Does anyone know how/if I can adjust the altitude alarm that on my G1K plane is giving me an alarm 1,000' before I reach an altitude when climbing and 200' before when descending (IIRC).  My G500 provided the alarms at 200' before & after and I prefer 200' to 1,000'.  THX

Yes, all of this is editable and you can turn it on/off. Need to read the Manual but should be straight forward. It's common advice to turn off all audible traffic, terrain and engine alerts prior to first flights on experimental aircraft.... As you could imagine the unneeded anxiety coming from all those alerts, especially if not configured properly. I did this on my G3X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, recolimited said:

I don't think it is editable, at least I can't find anything in my manual. But you will have a later rev of the software so that may be there for you.

Is it coming from the GPS unit in the radio stack?

I have a KLN90B that gives an audible alert at 500' above ground.  Enough of a warning that family members reflexively get in their crash positions when it sounds...:)

It's been turned off for a while.

Best regards,

-a-

In the G1000 it's actually coming from the baro-altitude system. I love you Med again in my G1000 manual and there is no config setting for this that I could find. It just does what it does.