1981 mooney m20j 201 price reduced to 45k or best offer

Epiphyte

See listing under "great mooney for sale"

Had a prebuy at LASAR, just last week. Found quite a few minor problems with easy fixes, may require some work at annual, this March. A couple gear related issues.

This is a great project airplane, and ready/airworthy to fly home. I've disscussed squawk list with my mechanic, and he didn't sound worried.

The poor gentleman who ordered the prebuy found himself in the midst of a divorce, before it was even started by the service center.

I'm happy to entertain questions from serious potential buyers.

I'll be advertising on eBay, this weekend as well.

Many of your questions can be answered on prior post. Photos through Dropbox upon request. Please send me your email address if you're interested. I can send prebuy inspection or post on Dropbox.

Cheers

• Like 1

I don't claim to be an expert but this seems like a pretty good deal. Throw a used 430 in there and someone can get into a J at a very reasonable price. If I were you I'd post more pictures rather than sending them "by request". Word of mouth travels much faster if people can see it. More the better. Just my two cents.

Here is original post

Great 1981 M20J for sale

With great pains, I am finally putting my mooney up for sale. She has been amazing, but due to growing family and aging car fleet, we have decided to sell. My father and I share in another aircraft, so I'll stay in the air....just not in the style I grew spoiled, over the last few years.

N1016S was owened by a general surgeon, for over 10 years prior to me. She was always hangared, and pampered with general maintenance, as only a person with money could muster. I'm sad to part, but it's time...here are details;

Full logs available

1981 Mooney M20J 201 Serial #24-1109

price was $61,000 lowered to $55,000

Engine Overview: 200HP, Lycoming IO-360

Total Time 3254.00 I still fly every week to every other week.

176 hours since SPOH (lower end)

1299 SMOH

Zero time prop installed 2014 with about 70 hours time, running great!

Fuel (66gal), with site gauges, wet wings last resealed 99. Small leak left wing that also hasn't changed in quantity over last 3 years, and mechanic and I monitoring.

King Digital Avionics.

Anual Due march 2015

IFR current/pitot static as of 9-2014

Oil changed every 40 to 50 hours, last Blackstone analysis was good and report available.

New Concord battery 7-14.

New tires 3-14. with left main replaced 8-14.

recently painted yokes.

Headlight replaced 9-14.

Additional Features

Standby Vacuum

Hoskins FT-202 Digital Fuel Computer W/ memory

PS Engineering PM1000II 4 Place Intercom

Annunciator Panel

Davtron Digital Chronometer

EGT (needs new probe)

OAT

Alternate Static

Ram Air

Rosen Visors

Pitot Heat

Remote 12 Volt Receptacle with cables

64 gallons usable fuel with

Wing Sight Fuel Guages

Electric gear Flaps and Trim

King KMA-24 Audio Panel w/ 3 light marker

Beacons

King KNS-80 RNAV/DME w/ Localizer and Glideslope

King KY 197 Digital com

King KX 170B Nav/Com W/ VOR/LOC

King KR-87 Digital ADF W/ Remote Head

King KT-76 Transponder w/ Altitude Encoding (serviced 9-14)

3M WX-8 stormscope (needs looking at)

Century 21 Autopilot (coupled) heading bug.

Hangered Weed CA O46.

I've taken off about 20% asking price due to gear-up over a year ago. All new skins and everything replaced...perhaps better condition now due to zero time prop and engine inspection, gear/bolt change. Runs very smooth, and I've been all over california with my family, without concerns. Mechanic says it's one of the smoother running lycoming that he has seen.

Oil consumption approximately 0.3 quarts/hour, but has remained the same since 2011.

Please PM me at Patroy@live.com for more information. I have iCloud account with photos and video available.

I've definitely dropped price for quick sale.

I don't understand. Why is this airplane so cheap? Have our Mooneys devalued so much?

Recent Gear up, small fuel leak, I assume original interior and paint, original avionics with no GPS and no engine monitor. That said, if there is no corrosion, it would is a good deal for someone to get a plane today and then upgrade as budget allows.

Yeah it is like my C in a way even its color. It is outdated and has some deferred maintenance I can live with. If I had more liquid cash Id probably buy it and consider it the ultimate CB airplane. You don't want to trade for a C do ya ? :)

I think teejayevens hit the nail on the head. One could invest 10k in repairs and have a nice aircraft, then plug in another 20 for new paint and avionics.

This has no major corrosion. I'm going to miss this airplane, dearly, but it's really an economic issue for me. We need to pay off some debt and get a new/used car for my wife.

I appreciate the trade thought, but I'm really not In a position for trade.

This market is a very soft one, as well.

Apollo. Nothing wrongwith engine or prop. I simply don't have the luxury to wait for another 6 months to sell. I have too many other important things to do and a promise to my father, to help him take care of costs with his piper. I will miss flying a mooney, that's for sure.