New members

bonal

As I'm on vacation and the weather sucks I've been on MS a lot and I notice there have been a lot of newest members each day, what I find strange is the reality random profile names that are used. Lots don't make sense or even spell words. As someone that is very concerned about hacking and privacy I just thought it strange. Any one else see this.

Bonal is a nick name I had when I was a kid. I did Google it once and it is a name of some kind of liquor. But the arrangement of vowels and consonants makes a word structure some of the recent new members are just a series of letters that don't translate to anything.

I don't have a problem with folks using handles or strange profile names... just don't hide behind them.  If you're not using your actual name, at least add a signature line so everyone knows who they're chatting with.

• Like 1

15U was the last part of the tail number on my first Mooney (N6615U).  It went from Mooney 15U with ATC to Mooniac15U on twitter and e-mail.

I'm not hiding behind anything.  Anyone who wants to know who I am can Google my current tail number.  I just want to make it a little harder for the bots to crawl and connect all my online info.

-Jeff

• Like 3

So Scottfromiowa...what does yours stand for???? :)

Mine is obvious but the 25 is my old racing number fri back when I use to race ice ovals at eagle river and across the Midwest. These sleds looked more like Indy cars than snowmobiles.....got sick of getting hurt

As long as we're discussing the issue of member info, I'd like to put in a plug for posting basic info about the model Mooney one flies and some basic geographic location.

I don't know how many times a model specific question or situation is posted, but without knowing which year and model, how can we help? Same with geography. If a guy is having problems with oil temps, it's helpful to know he's based at the North Pole. :-)

So regardless of what you call yourself, posting model, year and some general location would be beneficial for everyone.

Most of the "regulars" do this, but many posters do not.

• Like 8

I started looking through the members lists and was really surprised how many don't have a single post no pictures or much of anything. Seems kind of odd to me more like suspicious why bother to member if your not going to participate. I like the idea of providing some useful information that relates to our flight status but I think we all need to be guarded because of all the hackers out there.