Rajay Parts

An A&P is allowed to do weld repairs. There is a whole section in 43.13 about it.

Your pictures are pretty low res. I can't tell if the parts are steel or aluminum, but either way they can be repaired.

Thanks for the response Turbo, always appreciate your input.  I know the pics are bad.  They were emailed from my mech.  I should have been more clear.  It was welded back in the days along the same crack so it is now unserviceable.  Fortunately I just found a replacement 30 minutes ago and it is on its way.  1500 quote to fabricate from scratch  or 450 for a replacement from a RAJAY parts dealer in Florida.  Amazing what a little time on the internet can yield!

MIne did the exact same thing, previous weld and all.  The resulting vibration ended up breaking the band clamp attaching the exhaust to the turbo dumping hot exhaust directly into the engine area.  Didn't have an emergency but defiantly could have been a major problem.  I had a new one fabricated from beefier material, was cheaper than $1500 though!