I'm here!

Marauder

Sorry for thread drift. Could that much snow (weight) damage tied down aircraft? I know 172's become tail staggers in ice and snow outside. I'm curious if a wing or tail can actually be harmed. If roofs are collapsing, that makes me curious.

-Seth

Seth, remember the picture with ~25 people sitting on a Mooney wing, tip to tip? I don't think the snow will weigh that much.

On the other hand, I gave my snow shovel to one of the movers this summer. Won't need it down here--they had a half inch the week before I drove down, and shut everything down for three days.

• Like 1

I made that mistake, Hank. I ever-so-smugly gave my snow shovel to the nearest NE Ohio garage sale the day we moved to SC. And was forced to go buy another three months later. Turns out it DOES snow in the south.

• Like 1

I made that mistake, Hank. I ever-so-smugly gave my snow shovel to the nearest NE Ohio garage sale the day we moved to SC. And was forced to go buy another three months later. Turns out it DOES snow in the south.

I grew up here. Snow shovels are the devil's tool! When it DOES snow here, we stay home until the roads melt clear.

• Like 2