Bolt size for tie down

chrisk

5/16-24 is fine thread.

I just powder coated mine, and thought the threads looked really bad. So did the powder coater. Close inspection at reinstall revealed good threads and a snug fit.

Several people above reported coarse threads. Best thing to do would be to take one with you to the store, that way you'll get the right size for your plane.

I have a GoPro mounted to the tie-down point on my plane.  On the GoPro, I use the standard tripod mount. On the Mooney, I have the Lasar tiedown points. 

I used a piece of all-thread that matches the threads on the GoPro tripod mount. I stacked two nuts, locking them together to form the head inside the wing.  The all-thread drops through the wing and the cone that makes up the Lasar tiedown point.  I added two nuts locked to fix the all-thread in place. I left about an inch of thread which gives me room to thread on the GoPro mount.  Prior to threading on the mount, I threaded one additional nut on the post. After adding the GoPro mount, thread the nut down to the GoPro mount.  That will allow you to tighten everything up and keep the camera pointed in the direction of your choosing.

I'll be out at the hanger in the morning and will take some pictures and can get the thread sizes.

Paul